Need some help with AMD graphics

P

Paceway

I just installed Zorin OS on a new HP machine. It has a AMD chip and FX 8120 graphics. This is a new install with windows removed. The problem is that the video is half the size of the screen, (22" Gateway flat HD screen).

I can't get the video to go full screen no matter what I do... If you have had this problem and found the answer I sure conld use some help.

The system is working beautiful except for the video. I have tried to adjust it through the systems settings ( display ) and it didn't work. i have tried to load a new driver for that monitor, not working.

Your help would be appriecated.

Bob

J

JimBobIII

That's kind of bizarre, and something I haven't seen before. Don't suppose you can show us a screen of the video options and/or a pic of the monitor with the desktop being displayed? That's assuming you're still having the issue, anyways.

P

Paceway

Thanks Jim,

The problem seems to have solved it self??? Must be the magic of Linux...

Bob

J

JimBobIII

Well, that's good to know; wish all problems just solved themselves over time. I still can't properly use WiFi on the campus network, but that's another matter entirely.

P

Paceway

Well, that's good to know; wish all problems just solved themselves over time. I still can't properly use WiFi on the campus network, but that's another matter entirely.
That's nothing. I think the cyber GOD's are alive and well inside Linux.

When I am using Chrome and tab to another open window then back to Chrome, Chrome no longer works, it just sits there and looks at me. If I minimize Chrome then maximize it back up it works fine. That's a real pain..... I'm hoping the Linux GODS will fix that too... But I'm not holding my breath.

I'm learning many new things about Linux.

Bob

V

Victor Leigh

You are right. There are many new things to learn about Linux.

You can make the learning process easier by keeping to a defined path. Myself, I have used Ubuntu, Linux Mint and Puppy. Then I realized that these distros were all derived from Debian. So now I am concentrating on Debian. This way I can learn new things faster because I don't have to keep on switching commands.

Members online