Need Mentor

Learn how to learn independently you will get a lot further than having to be dependent on someone else.

G'day @Floresj12394 and welcome to linux.org
:)

In this, the Kali Subforum, did you read the pinned Thread here?

https://linux.org/threads/kali-linux-forum-readme-before-posting-in-here.27151/

... and in there is a link to the Kali website itself, which says in part

Even for experienced Linux users, Kali can pose some challenges.

and

If you are unfamiliar with Linux generally, if you do not have at least a basic level of competence in administering a system, if you are looking for a Linux distribution to use as a learning tool to get to know your way around Linux, or if you want a distro that you can use as a general purpose desktop installation, Kali Linux is probably not what you are looking for.

and ends with

However, if you’re a professional penetration tester or are studying penetration testing with a goal of becoming a certified professional, there’s no better toolkit — at any price — than Kali Linux.

The bottom line here is that you should not be using Kali, nor Parrot until you have some years of experience with Linux.

...so to try to use Kali will just be wasting your time and ours.

I am not trying to be unkind.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

BTW unfortunately we do not have the resources to provide one-on-one Mentoring here.

Time spent helping one person is at the expense of helping perhaps thousands through open Forum.

What do yall use?
Kali is based on Debian, so if that is your goal, start with Debian. Members of this forum are using Mint, Ubuntu, Arch, Debian.

I second what captain-sensible said.:)

Run Debian for a while and than run Kali Linux.
Also, you may want to learn how to run Debian Sid (unstable) to learn how to fix things.

Slackware is a good teacher but you can't run Slackware w/o reading the documentation and get to know the package management system.

I suggest you read this Debian book:

Members online