My pc starts heating instantly as i start it , pls read the thread

Thank you now I think it's not heating , really appreciate you , thank you sir .
Sorry sir I am new to tech so i am confused , so sorry for bothering you by my silly questions.
I'm very glad to hear it. And you've done very well, having just installed 2 days ago, and even overcame a hurdle. Congrats!

I'm very glad to hear it. And you've done very well, having just installed 2 days ago, and even overcame a hurdle. Congrats!
Sir is snapshot is compulsory for Linux , i have searched a little bit on brave , but i shows only how to do it not why ?

Nothing is compulsory in the Linux world. You use your computer how you want. However, if you will have important data on this system, I recommend you, as a new user, set up and use Timeshift, which comes installed on Mint.

Nothing is compulsory in the Linux world. You use your computer how you want. However, if you will have important data on this system, I recommend you, as a new user, set up and use Timeshift, which comes installed on Mint.
Ok , thank you , btw where are from sir ?

Nice , i have a question in my mind , we as a new user give nothing to you so why people like you help us more than a supporting service which also take our money , but you do it for free?
The Linux Community, which you are now part of, includes people from all areas of knowledge and background. Some of us choose to "donate" time to help others. There's nothing particularly structured about the process, but I go to bed feeling good. Besides, I get to learn, too. There's PLENTY I do not know about Linux. When I can't answer a question, I may wait for an answer from someone who can, and learn from them. It's a sharing of knowledge that we all benefit from.

The Linux Community, which you are now part of, includes people from all areas of knowledge and background. Some of us choose to "donate" time to help others. There's nothing particularly structured about the process, but I go to bed feeling good. Besides, I get to learn, too. There's PLENTY I do not know about Linux. When I can't answer a question, I may wait for an answer from someone who can, and learn from them. It's a sharing of knowledge that we all benefit from.
Ok got it , i will also try to help new comer after i Learn a little bit more about it.

Another way to get the latest Mint kernel for 20 is to enable the HWE environment
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --install-recommends linux-generic-hwe-20.04
which as of now is 5.15 kernel LTS

@SlowCoder sir it's still becoming hot. But not to much previously it was 70-80 °c now after a normal use of 1 hour it started heating up about 70

There are a number of reasons a computer can overheat but Linux isn't one of them.
happy0035.gif

Dust...Fan failure...Poor Ventilation and HDDs are just a few reasons.
https://computerinfobits.com/why-does-a-computer-overheat/
https://sciencing.com/advantages-cooler-fan-laptop-19467.html

I've never had a computer overheat...my 10 year old Laptop which is running Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.1 is kept in a Laptop bag when not in use...my Tower is off the floor and I blow out the dust every three months.
Why you have an overheating problem is any ones guess but the above may help...it could be as simple as replacing the HDD with an SSD as they don't get hot...good luck.
happy0034.gif

There are a number of reasons a computer can overheat but Linux isn't one of them.
happy0035.gif

Dust...Fan failure...Poor Ventilation and HDDs are just a few reasons.
https://computerinfobits.com/why-does-a-computer-overheat/
https://sciencing.com/advantages-cooler-fan-laptop-19467.html

I've never had a computer overheat...my 10 year old Laptop which is running Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.1 is kept in a Laptop bag when not in use...my Tower is off the floor and I blow out the dust every three months.
Why you have an overheating problem is any ones guess but the above may help...it could be as simple as replacing the HDD with an SSD as they don't get hot...good luck.
happy0034.gif
Sir as you mention , i have a new pc i bought it 2 weeks ago , so there should not be any hardware problem , i had window 11 previously it had aliitle bit heat after a heavy use , but never loud sound of fan , but window 11 sucks and i want to learn things , so when I downloaded this , it start making loud noises of fan , and heat up immideatly , slowcoder (member of this forum) told me to update it's kernal to get new driver for my pc , but after that it still heats but not immediately only continuous use of 30 minutes , i searched on Google but they only tell about how to manually reduce fan speed but i want to stop this instant heating.

You may consider grabbing the latest intel CPU microcode by installing iucode tool for intel apt-get install iucode-tool -y and it should, at the very least improve bugs. Try it. Also check what ACPI options Linux supports for mobile 11th gen intel. A simple config/rule may be all you need. I encourage you to read and do your own reseatch here since it'll help you learn (give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish).

Laptop cooler hack: cut 6 pieces of identical width from an eraser (use a boxcutter or scalpel blade for a smooth finish). Do not make them too high. Around 4mm max. Place sticky tape on them, sticky side down. Use a blowdryer or oven to warm the tape without melting it. Peel it off the pieces of eraser. Now you have adhesive pads. On the inderneath of the laptop, place a pad in each of the corners, and the remaining two along the front and back. Reduces temps by up to 6C in my experience.

You may consider grabbing the latest intel CPU microcode by installing iucode tool for intel apt-get install iucode-tool -y and it should, at the very least improve bugs. Try it. Also check what ACPI options Linux supports for mobile 11th gen intel. A simple config/rule may be all you need. I encourage you to read and do your own reseatch here since it'll help you learn (give a man a fish vs teach a man to fish).

Laptop cooler hack: cut 6 pieces of identical width from an eraser (use a boxcutter or scalpel blade for a smooth finish). Do not make them too high. Around 4mm max. Place sticky tape on them, sticky side down. Use a blowdryer or oven to warm the tape without melting it. Peel it off the pieces of eraser. Now you have adhesive pads. On the inderneath of the laptop, place a pad in each of the corners, and the remaining two along the front and back. Reduces temps by up to 6C in my experience.
Ok bro i will learn to catch my own fish , and thanks for the advice but my pc has this , so should I still use erasor
16572020224333401544812926559423.jpg

Mint comes with a utility called thermald, which is run at startup.
Description: Thermal monitoring and controlling daemon
Thermal Daemon is a Linux daemon for monitoring and
controlling platform temperatures. Once the system
temperature reaches a certain threshold, the Linux daemon
activates various cooling methods to try to cool the system.

Can you run the following from your terminal, and post the full output?
Code:
$ sudo systemctl status thermald

Ok bro i will learn to catch my own fish , and thanks for the advice but my pc has this , so should I still use erasor
Those are actually pretty good feet your laptop has, so obviously not. However, looking at that vent placement/size, I'd say the designer had the right idea, just didn't implement it too well (I think we were sacrificing functionality for aesthetics here). Anyway, seems a good height. Don't forget to update everything, else you may get inaccurate readings from your sensors (which I suspect is why it's running hot -- that or a sensor's just taking a little longer to "appear", in which case you'll have to simply restart thermald).

Can you also open System Monitor, sort your processes by % CPU, and see if the top ones are at high percentage? At idle, my top processes might be at 3-5% at most.

It is possible you have a misbehaving process or daemon.

Laptops are notorious for running hot as all of the hardware is crammed into a small space.

The heat inside the case has nowhere to dissipate and the fact that there is no fans to remove the heat from inside of the case.

The flat little fan that supposed to cool the GPU and the processor just can't cut the mustard.

The more open space between the bottom of the laptop and the surface the laptop sets on the cooler it may run.

I raised the Wife's laptop using this and it made a difference in how hot her laptop ran.
Allsop 27021 Metal Art Jr. Monitor Stand, 11 x 14 1/2 x 4 1/2, Pewter

Weirdly, I have an MSI that I bought for testing - and it never gets hot. Dunno what they've done for thermal management, but it worked.

Anyhow, while 70 °C is hot - it's probably still within spec/allowed CPU temps. Dunno about the rest of the components, but it's probably not going to fry the CPU - yet. As others have said, get a laptop stand. They're like $20.

Sir as you mention , i have a new pc i bought it 2 weeks ago , so there should not be any hardware problem

Being new doesn't mean problem free...could be a lemon.
mad0033.gif

If I'd bought a new Laptop and had the overheating problems you're having...I'd be taking it up with the manufacture as it comes with a warranty of at least 12 mths.
happy0034.gif

If the manufacture says there's nothing wrong...take the matter further because it's your money.
happy0062.gif