My linux journey is over.

Pops6810

Reaction score
Credits
After 6 months my linux journey is officially over it has been amazing but for being a Podcaster it just is not sustainable so I had to bite the bullet and go to windows 11. Linux was only going to be for a few days to try it out but that few days led to a 6 month journey which I have loved but all good things have to come to an end and this is the end for linux for me. Thank you and the whole community for helping me with my Questions some which were how to create a boot able USB drive stick on a chromebook and some random memes but what ever it was all of you's have been amazing and I will recommend linux to everyone who does not want to use windows.

Who knows I might be back one day.

Thanks Nathan

Linux is kinda like a good home. When you need or want to, you can come back.

Sorry to hear you leaving. Hope you will come back some day!

Nathan, we can leave your account open, or if you wish to close it just start a Conversation with me.

Good luck with the podcasting and in your future.

Chris

Best of luck in your future endeavors, Nathan! :)

Goodybe and so long! I didn't know this is an airport?

As fantastic as Linux is...you can't please everyone...bye.
m1516.gif
c0202.gif

It just there is some applications that I need to run my podcast only run on windows and when I do lives OBS does not work as well on linux.

I'm not trying to dissuade from using Windows, but maybe the applications you need do exist on Linux and you just haven't found the ones that work best for you

I'm not trying to dissuade from using Windows, but maybe the applications you need do exist on Linux and you just haven't found the ones that work best for you
I think the main issue with linux right is that not that much people use it which means not all the applications that I use on windows have linux alternatives which is a problem for linux. Until lots of people use it or all applications have a Linux alternative I just will not be able to use Linux.

I think the main issue with linux right is that not that much people use it which means not all the applications that I use on windows have linux alternatives which is a problem for linux. Until lots of people use it or all applications have a Linux alternative I just will not be able to use Linux.

The thing about Desktop Linux is it's a collection of operating systems, whereas Windows isn't. I wouldn't call that a problem per-se, but it has been known to be intimidating to people looking to try it, which is why they end up sticking with Windows in the end. That, along with Windows being backed by Microsoft, is why Linux still isn't widely recognized yet (even though it has come a long way since it's inception, with ChromeOS and the Steamdeck being two recent examples). You could try searching for alternatives on alternativeto.net. While it doesn't list everything for Linux, it does have a large catalog of programs you can look at and try. If that doesn't work, best of luck to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online