My HP P1005 is not printing

portanav

Reaction score
Credits
Hi, I am new to Linux and just moved over from Windows10 to LinuxMint.

I have two HP printers on my Linux (Mint) one HP Laser P1005 and the other HP Desktop F4280. The Desktop printer is working fine and prints when a print command is sent; however my Laser printer does not print when a print command is sent. They are both USB printers. I just cannot figure out why it would not print. Both printers were configured by Linux when I connected them to the computer.

I hope someone can help me solve this, as I used my Laser printer the most.

Thanks,
Michael.

I tried that, but it did not work.
What did work was I installed Hplip-gui and the Hplip-plugin and the printer is now working. Not sure which one did it, I am guessing the plugins.

I'm now learning this wonderful OS. I'll not go back to Windows10, that's for sure.

UPDATE: 26/11/2021
I discovered that apart from the above installs you must also do this -
sudo apt-get install hplip
sudo hp-setup -i

IF you get an error with the -i "unknown command" do not apply it to the command; It worked then.

Regards,
Michael.

Last edited:
for control you make sure "cups" /enabled is installed then in a web browser you go to : http://localhost:631 this is what i see in screenshot .

Attachments

• cups_via_web.png
    cups_via_web.png
    116.8 KB · Views: 241
Hi, I am new to Linux and just moved over from Windows10 to LinuxMint.

I have two HP printers on my Linux (Mint) one HP Laser P1005 and the other HP Desktop F4280. The Desktop printer is working fine and prints when a print command is sent; however my Laser printer does not print when a print command is sent. They are both USB printers. I just cannot figure out why it would not print. Both printers were configured by Linux when I connected them to the computer.

I hope someone can help me solve this, as I used my Laser printer the most.

Thanks,
Michael.
Particular HP printers have a tendency to be prone to jams in paper than other printers. My experience has shown that any printer that is able to hold the paper vertically, and then pulls it through the printer will always end up experiencing problems with paper jams. They're not designed to be used in heavy usage, however several organizations utilize the printers in their individual systems and must know about this problem. Additionally, some users encounter issues with the more recent HP 4000 series printers' paper pickup rollers. This is odd since the earlier 4000 and HP 5000 series printers are considered solid and don't be having any issues with their pickup rollers.

Staff online

Members online