My first Linux Application

technique

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everyone,
Happy belated new year

We are in the position now to build our first App. And we were deciding wether to develop using Android and Linux, and in the industry we are catering for (Heavy transport), I dare say that Linux would be the best option.

The application we want to build is specific for the transport industry which will have Login, Job card, On-board Mass, GPS Navigation and linkage to our GPS Tracking platform.

If I decide to walk down Linux Boulevarde, the devices will have Linux 3.10.

As this will be the first time I will be building an App, are there recommended app building programs which are GUI based or also known as No Code or Low code?

Thank you in advance,
Michael

G'day Michael :)

Mate if you're talking the 3.10 Linux kernel series, it reached EOL (End of Life) November 2017, so it has no support nor updates nowadays. You would want to start with a bare minimum of the 4.4 LTS (Long Term Support) Series.

The rest of your question I cannot assist with as it is beyond my paygrade, but we have a few brain boxes around here so maybe one can help.

Good Luck

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Hello everyone,
Happy belated new year

We are in the position now to build our first App. And we were deciding wether to develop using Android and Linux, and in the industry we are catering for (Heavy transport), I dare say that Linux would be the best option.

The application we want to build is specific for the transport industry which will have Login, Job card, On-board Mass, GPS Navigation and linkage to our GPS Tracking platform.

If I decide to walk down Linux Boulevarde, the devices will have Linux 3.10.

As this will be the first time I will be building an App, are there recommended app building programs which are GUI based or also known as No Code or Low code?

Thank you in advance,
Michael
Good morning, how did you wake up today? I hope I'm very well looking for the 404 for me.no

As far as the"low to no code" approach, that's not something you'll really be able to find. Most toolkits require at least some coding.

I personally can recommend using Qt. It's cross platform, free for open source, and intuitive to use. Plus, if you want the drag-and-drop style interface designer, Qt has it.

Staff online

Members online