MX Linux AHS - Keyboard Not Responding

Make sure the following packages are installed = (xserver-xorg-input-all) = (xserver-xorg-input-synaptics) = (xserver-xorg-input-kbd)

enabling or disabling through xinput is temporary and will go away after reboot

To enable the keyboard try
Code:
xinput set-prop "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard" "Device Enabled" 1
None of them were. I installed them all with the Muon Package mgr in Lubuntu. There were two otehr synaptics pkgs that ended in 28.04 and I did not install them -- just three as you stipulated above. I will reboot.
A

Make sure the following packages are installed = (xserver-xorg-input-all) = (xserver-xorg-input-synaptics) = (xserver-xorg-input-kbd)

enabling or disabling through xinput is temporary and will go away after reboot

To enable the keyboard try
Code:
unable to find device AT Translated Set 2 keyboard

The problem is that it listed that AT translated kb once after I had disabled the screen (ID=15). But multiple attempts to enable and disable the screen does not result in the At translated showing up in the list.
A

unable to find device AT Translated Set 2 keyboard

The problem is that it listed that AT translated kb once after I had disabled the screen (ID=15). But multiple attempts to enable and disable the screen does not result in the At translated showing up in the list.
A
Can you disable the touchscreen now through xinput?

yes
but it doesn't result in a working keyboard....
Well then it seems that one of those I had you install may have created an issue - Bummer - guess we need to figure out which one? try removing the xserver-xorg-input-kbd first and see if that helps with xinput in getting AT to show back up
Also need to check if you are using Wayland or Xorg (X11)
Code:
echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends !! We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someone from Germany had the same problem and they published this solution on the Lenovo website. I cannot thank you guys enough for not only your time but also for your warm welcome to a stranger. Honestly, I am speechless in an attempt to express my sentiments.
Thank you.
Any comments on this CMDLINE are appreciated.
A
The first one fixes the flickering, the rest the keyboard.
You can press e on a distro while installing and add the lines to the installer and start it with ctrl x aswell.

Friends !! We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someone from Germany had the same problem and they published this solution on the Lenovo website. I cannot thank you guys enough for not only your time but also for your warm welcome to a stranger. Honestly, I am speechless in an attempt to express my sentiments.
Thank you.
Any comments on this CMDLINE are appreciated.
A
The first one fixes the flickering, the rest the keyboard.
You can press e on a distro while installing and add the lines to the installer and start it with ctrl x aswell.
Well that deserves a "Hot Digity Damn"

...and now, as Wzi predicted.

Everybody loves a smart-arse, one typo and I can't live it down :)

Regrets I am so late to the party, had a 400 km road trip today for my wife to see ear, nose and throat people (she's good), then when I got back I had to deal with some urgent administrative matters.

But things are looking good by the looks of it, so I'll read from where I left off more closely on my tomorrow.

Cheers

Chris (I can spell that one)

Everybody loves a smart-arse, one typo and I can't live it down :)

Regrets I am so late to the party, had a 400 km road trip today for my wife to see ear, nose and throat people (she's good), then when I got back I had to deal with some urgent administrative matters.

But things are looking good by the looks of it, so I'll read from where I left off more closely on my tomorrow.

Cheers

Chris (I can spell that one)
Just glad to here the Wife is doing well

So, are you gonna stick with Manjaro or are you gonna keep Lubuntu?

So, are you gonna stick with Manjaro or are you gonna keep Lubuntu?
Good question. I have MX and Lubuntu installed. I thought i would let my wife choose. You know, trying to be a bit "woke"

Make sure she knows that some stranger on the internet is heavily biased in favor of Lubuntu!

Make sure she knows that some stranger on the internet is heavily biased in favor of Lubuntu!
Apparently that won her over -- using Lubuntu. All is working well now. Happy New Year.

Apparently that won her over -- using Lubuntu. All is working well now. Happy New Year.

Well, if it helps, I'm actually officially on the Lubuntu team - complete with an @lubuntu.me email address!

Plus, this site is listed as one of the places you can ask for support and expect to get a best-effort reply.

See?

Members online