Multiple OS's Running?

A

Adam H.

So I have a really nice desktop computer that is running Windows 8.1. I want to make it so that when I boot up my computer, it gives me the option of choosing if I want to use Linux or Windows. I only have one hard drive in my desktop, but I am willing to add a SSD or just a regular SATA hard drive. If someone could tell me where I need to start for accomplishing, or just help me at all, that would be great! :)

I hope so I don't actually run Ubuntu so I used Google to search but any way I hope it works for you and enjoy our community.

Dual-booting works well, but be aware that many people have issues when dual-booting with Windows 8. Microsoft made Windows 8 in a very weird way that tries to prevent a Linux installation from existing on the same hardware.

Dual-booting works well, but be aware that many people have issues when dual-booting with Windows 8. Microsoft made Windows 8 in a very weird way that tries to prevent a Linux installation from existing on the same hardware.
Oh, ok, good to know.

I triple boot Windows 8.1, Netrunner and Linux Mint with no problems. I have each one on a separate HD and boot by pressing "F11" at boot and choose from there. When I installed the OS’s I made sure that the drive I'm installing on is the only one connected to reduce any problems with the boot-up sequence. Hope this helps a little.

I triple boot Windows 8.1, Netrunner and Linux Mint with no problems. I have each one on a separate HD and boot by pressing "F11" at boot and choose from there. When I installed the OS’s I made sure that the drive I'm installing on is the only one connected to reduce any problems with the boot-up sequence. Hope this helps a little.

Clever. I used to multi-boot, but it seems that some systems have OS conflicts or at least bootloader issues.

Clever. I used to multi-boot, but it seems that some systems have OS conflicts or at least bootloader issues.

With enough experience you'll be able to multi-boot anything. Go forth a learn young grasshopper. :p

Members online