Movie Thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 101831
  • Start date

There are at least a couple of sequels.

John Wick is an American neo-noir action thriller media franchise created by screenwriter Derek Kolstad and owned by Lionsgate. Keanu Reeves plays John Wick, a retired hitman who becomes active again in his quest for vengeance.

The franchise began with the release of John Wick in 2014 followed by two sequels, John Wick: Chapter 2 on February 10, 2017, and John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum on May 17, 2019. All three films were considered critical and commercial successes, with a collective gross of more than $587 million worldwide. A fourth installment, John Wick: Chapter 4, is filming and has a release date of May 27, 2022.[1][2][3] A fifth installment is also in development, and was originally intended be shot back-to-back with the fourth film.[4]

My 'guilty pleasure' movies are the Riddick movies. They're a lot of fun, I think.

So, I'll add those to the list of suggested movies.

There are at least a couple of sequels. The wife watched 'em and I caught part of them in passing.
They are all good movies but I still like the first one the best.

While I've lost all interest in all holidays (because they've been corrupted by commercialization), I don't mind spending time with people. When Halloween rolls around again, I recommend:

The 2 hour pilot episode of Blade: The Series (the Westley Snipes trilogy sucks, IMO)
Young Frankenstein

We Were Soldiers - 2002
Midway - 2019
Bat 21 - 1988
Patton - 1970

I just got done watching RRR, a 2022 Indian production. I've been game for some Bollywood productions, just for their corniness value, if for nothing else, as long as I can keep up with the subs. But RRR takes it up a notch, keeping with the over-the-top theatrics, and a good story, acting, and some really cool dancing scenes.

Thanks to @Bartman for pointing out this thread existed.

I want to watch a movie that I haven't seen before, sci-fi, horror, thriller, something good, what do you suggest?

I want to watch a movie that I haven't seen before, sci-fi, horror, thriller, something good, what do you suggest?

Hmm... Something not too many folks will have seen... Strangeland.

Or, pick anything by Terry Gilliam.

Anything by Gilliam is good. I don't watch many movies, but I like his stuff.

Members online