Movie Thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 101831
  • Start date

Two of my faves, Nelson :)

I've heard it claimed that Die Hard is the ultimate Christmas movie.

I am not making that claim. My vote goes for Hogfather, though that lacks the age to be considered very traditional.

It's also that time of the year where The Nightmare Before Christmas is appropriate - and a pretty good movie.

A Clockwork Orange
Natural Born Killers
Good Morning Vietnam
Even Cowgirls Get The Blues
Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins (when asked, this is always my favorite/best movie, but I realize that's not true for everyone)
That Remo Williams movie was entertaining. I watched it again the other day.
I read the series of "Destroyer" books when I was a kid and recently re-read a bunch of them on Kindle.

I read the series of "Destroyer" books when I was a kid and recently re-read a bunch of them on Kindle.

By the time the book series ended for Sapir and Murphy, the two authors hated each other - each often writing their exact contractual amount of words and stopping at exactly that point, making the latest ones a grand collection of absurdity.

I loved it.

There's a pilot for a TV show out there. It was an 80s TV show for exactly one episode. There's some talk of rebooting it, at least the movie.

I wonder if this is only available on Amazon Prime Video?

I'm reasonably certain one can find it at the various torrent sites.

By the time the book series ended for Sapir and Murphy, the two authors hated each other
I did not know that! Interesting. I get a 'kick' out of reading the introductions in some of the earlier books.

I did not know that!

You can tell when the books start to be vastly different from start to end. For example, in one book Remo is dealing with pygmies that have magic and starts to end with Chuin riding in on the back of an elephant to rescue him. It just gets more and more outlandish as the series gets up there in numbers.

It definitely should have been a television series. I'd have watched that.

You can tell when the books start to be vastly different from start to end.
I wondered about that. I just purchased a couple more Destroyer books for casual reading and entertainment and have been observing if I can determine the two different writing styles.
I think I can but have no idea which is which!

I think I can but have no idea which is which!

Don't quote me on this, but I seem to recall that Murphy wrote most of the opening chapters. There was an article that I read about them at one point, but for the love of all that's good I just can't possibly remember where that article was.

Members online

Latest posts