Mouse scrolling in reverse direction

Mimosa

Reaction score
Credits
I'm new to Linux and Ubuntu. The version of Ubuntu on my computer is 20.04.

My mouse is scrolling in the reverse direction. I have tried changing it via the settings but that has no effect.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, there isn't a setting in the mouse/touchpad settings that changes the direction of the scrolling. That is the reason for my question.

Or meanwhile, try to hold the mouse turned 180 degrees ? :p

Yup, it's natural scrolling. Open the application menu, type mouse, open the settings, and change it. Save it to apply and it shouldn't require a reboot.

Natural scrolling is a MAC thingy from what I understand - Prior to the release of OS X 10.7 Lion in 2011, Apple decided that this was unnatural behavior – and that “natural” scroll wheel behavior would be the opposite of what it had been throughout the computer industry for over 15 years. After all, this is the was scrolling works on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device. So IMHO this natural scrolling is completely "Unnatural" but - Hey that's just me.

Agreed. There's nothing 'natural' about it.

Though, now that I think about it... Had it started out that way, it'd probably feel natural to us - as natural as it does with the way we're accustomed to.

I'm new to Linux and Ubuntu. The version of Ubuntu on my computer is 20.04.

My mouse is scrolling in the reverse direction. I have tried changing it via the settings but that has no effect.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Go to Menu>search"Mouse">change Right hand mode to Left hand mode.

Go to Menu>search"Mouse">change Right hand mode to Left hand mode.

This thread is almost two years old. I'm pretty sure they've resolved the issue and moved on.

Staff online