Mount point

M

Mduduzijnr

Good day everyone

kindly assist I`m new on the Linux o/s and i have been given a task to have or write a script to check if mount points on our Linux server are available as we getting an alert every time. My aim is to have a script that will check every second and if the mount is there and it should do nothing but when the mount is in a stale file handle it should umount and mount it back.

i have come up with this so far.
#!/bin/bash
read -r -t1 < <(stat -t "/opt/hcap/storage")
if [ $? -eq 1 ]; then
echo NFS mount stale. Removing...
umount -f -l /opt/hcap/storage
fi

Welcome to the forums!

I'm afraid I am not a programmer, so I cannot help you much. But I did wonder about your location of "/opt/hcap/storage" in your script. I do not have a /opt/hcap in my Linux, and I can't understand how that location helps with mount points.

Issuing a mount command by itself will show many things mounted... probably more that you are looking for. Issuing a blkid command shows me a better summary of what my system is using. Viewing the /etc/fstab file will also show mount points that are established there.

Good luck!

the /hcap/storage mount point is provided by Isolion as an nfs mount and yes its on the /etc/fstab but time and time the mount point stale file handle and get an alert from zabbix stating the mount is unavailable. on which i have to umount and mount it back. my aim is to have a script that will run every 2-5 seconds to check if the mount is still available an if its there it should just pass a (0) output and if the mount is "stale file handle" the script should run to unmount and remount without me logging on the server and do that manually

Members online

Latest posts