Solved Mint Xfce power management wont open

Solved issue

FatDroid

Reaction score
Credits
Hello

I have freshly installed Mint Xfce on my laptop, everything seems to be working as expected, aside from Power Management wont open.

I have tried opening it through the settings menu, and by searching for it in the search bar on the menu, but this gives me nothing. If I try to open it through the settings menu (The same place I can download driver updates, edit keyboard settings and so on) all I get is the little multi coloured wheel spinning indefinitely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Apologies for not putting any more information you may need, I don't know what else I should write in the first comment for such an issue.

Thanks.

Hi @FatDroid,
Welcome to the Linux.org forum,
I would go synaptic package manager and make sure

xfce4-power-manager​

package is installed if so reinstall it if not install.

Hi @FatDroid,
Welcome to the Linux.org forum,
I would go synaptic package manager and make sure

xfce4-power-manager​

package is installed if so reinstall it if not install.
Thanks for the welcome,

I have just got it working before coming back here to see what the reply was.

Absolutely no idea what the issue was, but after a reboot - which I have done multiple times at this point - it just opened first time. I've just checked on the synaptic manager as you suggested to see if there is some file missing that is needed and I have manager, data and plugins already installed all running version 4.16.0-1.

The only thing not installed there was goodies which I have just installed. I opened power manager again to make sure it is still working and it seems to be fine now. Whatever the issue, its gone. Thanks for the reply, if anything else refuses to open like this I'll try that synaptics manager before posting in future.

Enjoy the Journey! Mint XFCE is one of my go to Distros.

Enjoy the Journey! Mint XFCE is one of my go to Distros.
Thanks, I will! Its one of my personal favourites too after hopping between a massive amount of them these past few weeks. I think Cinnamon is much nicer looking but this old thing wont run that I reckon

I'll mark it solved for you.

@FatDroid - now would also be a good time to take a Timeshift snapshot, if you do not have it set for automatic.

Cheers and enjoy your Linux

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

@FatDroid - now would also be a good time to take a Timeshift snapshot, if you do not have it set for automatic.

Cheers and enjoy your Linux

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz
Yeah thanks, I will be doing. If I make a timeshift of my system and save it to the system, can I move that to a USB stick later? I only ask as my USB for such things is dead and I cant get another until the weekend

If I make a timeshift of my system and save it to the system, can I move that to a USB stick later?

No, you can't move the snapshot from point A to point B and have it maintain its integrity.

Leave it until you can get the new USB solution, and the partition set up for Timeshift snapshots must be in EXT4 format, not FAT32 or NTFS.

Friday here in Oz so

Avagudweegend

Wizard

Members online