Mint Upgrade? Can't remove these programs

JackalWaves

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everyone!

I am looking to upgrade Linux Mint versions. However, I’m having issues with getting rid of the errors associated with “apt update” first.

These are the errors:
Code:
W: GPG error: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/messaging:/xmpp:/dino/Debian_11 InRelease: The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG 62EB1A0917280DDF network OBS Project <[email protected]>

E: The repository 'http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/messaging:/xmpp:/dino/Debian_11 InRelease' is not signed.

N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.

N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

I believe the issue is I can’t get rid of Dino and OBS.

I tried doing:
Code:
sudo apt purge dino-im

sudo apt autoremove

but those errors are still their in the update

G'day @JackalWaves and welcome to linux.org :)

I am looking to upgrade Linux Mint versions.

1. From which version to which version?

2. How did you install Dino and OBS in the first place.

Chances are you can go in through Synaptic Package Manager and delete the offending repositories and then run updates again.

You should take a Timeshift snapshot in Mint before running upgrades.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

This is not a program but what you are seeing is a no longer existing repository which has no GPG key anymore - have a look in - /etc/apt/sources.list.d - and see if that repository is there - if so just delete it you will need to be in root to delete it or how as @wizardfromoz has stated - then run
Code:
sudo apt update
after you have deleted it - the errors should go away then

This is not a program but what you are seeing is a no longer existing repository which has no GPG key anymore - have a look in - /etc/apt/sources.list.d - and see if that repository is there - if so just delete it you will need to be in root to delete it or how as @wizardfromoz has stated - then run
Code:
sudo apt update
after you have deleted it - the errors should go away then
Great call that worked!! After deleting the files from the sourcesd.list, it now lets me "apt update" without issue. However, now running into this PPA error:

Package repositories
the following problems were found:
http://ppa.launchpoad.net/gezakovas/ppa/ubuntu does not support jammy
http://ppa.launchpoad.net/mc3man/ppa/ubuntu does not support jammy

So is there any way to find out which programs on my PC use these PPAs before I delete them?
I don't remember installing them. Geza Kovas looks like for a boot manager UNe. Can't find info on Mc3Man.

G'day @JackalWaves and welcome to linux.org :)

1. From which version to which version?

2. How did you install Dino and OBS in the first place.

Chances are you can go in through Synaptic Package Manager and delete the offending repositories and then run updates again.

You should take a Timeshift snapshot in Mint before running upgrades.

Cheers

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz
Solved the Dino/OBS above. I do have timeshift, just did a backup. Is there a way to see which PPA go to which software before deleting?

You can always take the Positive approach....delete them. Allow LM21 to do what it does best.

I just took a look in ppa's in my LM21 and there is nothing present there.

I have to be honest with you....I initially attempted to upgrade from 20.3 to 21 via the upgrade tool, and it turned out to be a horrible mess.
I then did a fresh install of 21 and it runs like a champ ! Rock Solid.
I think the upcoming update to 21.....21.1 will be an absolute blessing for those upgrading...it is due out before Christmas.

Lots and lots of people have upgraded via the upgrade tool with brilliant results.....so follow the path you are on. if it turns out brilliantly, then that is good!
If it does not, do not despair....there are still good options open to you

(be sure you have any important data backed up....preferably to a second hard drive....maybe an external......so it will not matter iof the whole thing falls in a heap....you have your important data safe. )

BTW you have the PPAs misspelt - should be launchpad not launchpoad.

Wiz

I always do a clean install of a new version (Linux Mint) and never the first one ie Mint 21 and have never had problems.
m1211.gif

I've always said a fresh, clean install of new major version releases is best. Point releases from 21 to 21.1 work well though.
Though mint does a good job of offering major release upgrades I've always found that there are just too many leftovers from the old version to suit me. Best practice in my opinion is to back my important stuff off line and do a complete new install.

Members online

Latest posts