Mint OS freezes when I poweroff [Kernel Panic]

Nearly all the main distros are based on Debian,, which are then re-worked to form another clone or variant and re-worked again to form more same but different clones, the builders of the each clone will choose what they build into their respective distributions [eg.. Debian begat Ubuntu, Ubuntu begat mint and mint has other derivatives of its own]

The reason I suggested MX [ahs] is the ahs stands for advanced hardware support , they include both more and modern drivers than most and is worth a shot even if you only try running it live from a pendrive. if it kills on shut down from the live drive it should do the same if you fully install it.
As always if you install any distribution I recommend as you install you say yes [tick the box] to install non-free/proprietary drivers

Bwiz

Have you tried to update the kernel to 5.11.0-34? and see if the Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! still happens?

Have you tried to update the kernel to 5.11.0-34? and see if the Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! still happens?
Yes, the problem is with 5.11.0-34 kernel also. I tried 5.11 and 5.4 kernel . With both kernels random freezing during poweroff is there .

Do you have peripherals plugged in when you shut down? Sometime cell phones can cause this - if you have anything plugged in try unplugging them and see if the kernel panic happens

Hallelujah !!

Glad to hear it's working for you, enjoy :)