Mint 20.3 Stable and upgrade to stable looks like could be available this week

Good find, Andy.

They seem to have been taking their sweet time....although I note they have waded through 85 reports, which is time consuming.

I just received an update to the Update manager....

After installing that, the Edit button carries another item...namely...'Upgrade to Linux Mint 20.3

I will take another snapshot of LM20.2 with Timeshift before upgrading.

Done

Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon Release Notes - Linux Mint

Linux Mint is an elegant, easy to use, up to date and comfortable desktop operating system.
www.linuxmint.com

New Features in Linux Mint 20.3 'Una' Cinnamon Edition - Linux Mint

Linux Mint is an elegant, easy to use, up to date and comfortable desktop operating system.
www.linuxmint.com

1641559650421.png

Did mine this afternoon, took 80 minutes

That was a longish time

I think mine was completed in under 20, or thereabouts.

it took just over an hour to download at 31Mbs

I did and update from 20.2 to 20.3 and all went well. But decided to do a fresh install instead. 20.3 is working as expected. Great release so far.

can you explain that to me ? if you ended with a fine working 20.3 , what did you get from the fresh install that you didn't from upgrade

can you explain that to me ? if you ended with a fine working 20.3 , what did you get from the fresh install that you didn't from upgrade
Did not get anything from the fresh install other than cleaned out a bunch of stuff didn't need any longer. I needed to change out the SSD on the machine for a bigger one and so just decided to do the fresh install since I had a new ssd to partition :) There was no problem with the upgrade it was flawless.

@kc1di, do you have your /home on a separate drive?

On sons laptop timeshift snapshots were located /timeshift ; which took up room on HD .

Deleted that and formatted 15 gig Sd card to ext4 and created a snapshot. Thats enough for at least one snapshot ; i will just delete and create new as i go .

Used update manager and followed instructions - upgraded to 20.3 no probs

Oh, what a difference, just updated my spare drive for the lappy, took just under 12 minutes, A new router fixed the slow downloads

Members online