Mint 19.2 MATE on Compaq PC

I did them a quick but nothings happening. And I’ve been waiting about 60 seconds now.

OK mine turns green not blue and I did click once and hit enter but that hasn’t done anything. I’ve double clicked it again and still nothing and I’m a pretty fast double clicker. At least I am for windows.

Should the cursor turn into a finger pointer once you put it on an icon? You know like it does in windows? Because mine does not.

Green is correct (Mint, duh. LOL).

Maybe it won't be your lucky day. Gotta get the installer to run. Both work for me, to double-click or to single-click (to highlight) and then hit Enter.

You can reboot on the USB, and try again from scratch maybe.

Ok i’ll try that and get back to you in just a minute

Yes! That worked. Now I have chosen my language which is English and now I’m at the keyboard layout with several variations of English. What next?

Next is Keyboard Layout. Two items are highlighted, both for US English. Click Continue again.

Oops, I'm off one step. I'll catch up! LOL

The next has a checkbox to install 3rd party software. Check the box, and click Continue

OK. Also, I wanted to let you know that I don’t know what is wrong with my wonderful iPhone but I have to login frequently to get to your answers. So that’s why it’s taking a little bit longer when I’m trying to talk to you.

Are we together now? I get a warning to pop up next about mounted partitions. Do you have that?

I have delays too... but let's try to stay together. I may let a step run before I confirm I want you to do it.

Are we together now? I get a warning to pop up next about mounted partitions. Do you have that?
Yes, I have that now.

Members online