• Rob's side project: I recently started Gun-Forums.com and we currently have a $100 raffle - if you're into guns, join up and enter the raffle to win $100.00. Raffle Link

Mint 19.2 MATE on Compaq PC

Granny Sue

I did them a quick but nothings happening. And I’ve been waiting about 60 seconds now.

Granny Sue

OK mine turns green not blue and I did click once and hit enter but that hasn’t done anything. I’ve double clicked it again and still nothing and I’m a pretty fast double clicker. At least I am for windows.

Granny Sue

Should the cursor turn into a finger pointer once you put it on an icon? You know like it does in windows? Because mine does not.

atanere

Green is correct (Mint, duh. LOL).

Maybe it won't be your lucky day. Gotta get the installer to run. Both work for me, to double-click or to single-click (to highlight) and then hit Enter.

You can reboot on the USB, and try again from scratch maybe.

Granny Sue

Ok i’ll try that and get back to you in just a minute

Granny Sue

Yes! That worked. Now I have chosen my language which is English and now I’m at the keyboard layout with several variations of English. What next?

atanere

Oops, I'm off one step. I'll catch up! LOL

The next has a checkbox to install 3rd party software. Check the box, and click Continue

Granny Sue

OK. Also, I wanted to let you know that I don’t know what is wrong with my wonderful iPhone but I have to login frequently to get to your answers. So that’s why it’s taking a little bit longer when I’m trying to talk to you.

Members online