Minimum requirements for live boot, installation(Mint)

I've been advising someone in another thread... don't worry about installing, or re-installing, or re-installing again. The experience of doing so is good for you, and the more you do it, the more comfortable you will be doing it in the future.

You may be satisfied with the speed of Linux on the HDD... it's worth trying it out before spending more money. But the SSD will certainly be faster if you want to make the upgrade.
Okay. Well then guys, thanks for setting me up. Tomorrow's first time trying Linux, I'll update y'all(hope that's ok).

Good luck!

You may be satisfied with the speed of Linux on the HDD... it's worth trying it out before spending more money. But the SSD will certainly be faster if you want to make the upgrade.
Yep I'd wait and see how it runs on an mechanical hard drive.

I use mechanical hard drives and have no complaints.

@Confused_nerd
G'day and welcome.
My main distro is Linux Mint, it is the one I prefer. I am running on a machine which is somewhat more youthful than your machine. I have been reading this post and I feel that you will have no real problems running it on your machine.
Have fun and enjoy introducing yourself to the Linux world. ;)
As an aside I had to install Mint twice once a dual boot with Win7 then my HDD, Mr Toshiba said Sayōnara I'm outa here. So installed a HGST HDD and installed Mint on to a new and clean disc.

Members online

Latest posts