Minecraft Not Working On Pop!_OS

Kake

Reaction score
Credits
I have a Laptop with pop!_OS installed. I used to run UBUNTU and I was able to play Minecraft without any problems at all. But Now after I install Pop!_OS The game starts and runs in low render distance, but as soon as I turn up the render distance the game freezes for a few seconds and the widows close and 'exit code : 0' is displayed. I installed Windows on the same HDD to troubleshoot and it works just fine. This Computer is not that powerful. (specs below)
Someone, please help.

CPU: Core i3
RAM: 4 GB
Graphics: Intel UHD graphics
Storage: 1 TB HDD

Graphics driver: i915 (Kisak)
Java: Oracle Java 17.0.1 (Linuxuprising PPA)

I have a Laptop with pop!_OS installed. I used to run UBUNTU and I was able to play Minecraft without any problems at all. But Now after I install Pop!_OS The game starts and runs in low render distance, but as soon as I turn up the render distance the game freezes for a few seconds and the widows close and 'exit code : 0' is displayed. I installed Windows on the same HDD to troubleshoot and it works just fine. This Computer is not that powerful. (specs below)
Someone, please help.

CPU: Core i3
RAM: 4 GB
Graphics: Intel UHD graphics
Storage: 1 TB HDD

Graphics driver: i915 (Kisak)
Java: Oracle Java 17.0.1 (Linuxuprising PPA)
Looks like you have the wrong java - Have a look here - https://support.system76.com/articles/install-minecraft/ - I would also remove that Kisak driver for i915 since there is no support for it and go with the default in POP

Members online

Latest posts