Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd, 2017 please sign up again. Thanks!

1. Follow us on twitter - we shoot all of our new original content out as well as random messages. https://twitter.com/linuxdotorg
    Dismiss Notice

Microsoft working on porting Sysinternals to Linux

Discussion in 'Linux News' started by CptCharis, Nov 5, 2018.

1. CptCharis

CptCharis Well-Known Member

VP9KS likes this.
  2. wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz Super Moderator
    Staff Member Gold Supporter

Notch one up for Linux making an influence :D Good news indeed, Capta.

I have moved this to Linux News which is somewhat hard to find, under Linux Articles, as it may draw more audience.

Thanks for sharing

Wizard

CptCharis likes this.
  3. CptCharis

CptCharis Well-Known Member

4. darlexok

darlexok New Member

Next we will have a BSOD on linux.....

5. cat /dev/urandom

cat /dev/urandom New Member

We already have it. It’s called a kernel panic. But not nearly as exciting ;)

wizardfromoz likes this.
  6. Trafalmagorian

Trafalmagorian New Member

I'm new to Linux (3 days). The reason we would want ANYTHING from Windows would be?

wizardfromoz likes this.
  7. poorguy

poorguy Well-Known Member

Exactly.

One of the reasons I moved over to Linux was to get away from Microsoft Windows and the collaboration of the two can only become a fatality imo.

When Linux and Microsoft become one in the same then we will have two OSs plattforms that are garbage imo.

If you need or want anything that Microsoft Windows offers then go back to Microsoft Windows but leave Linux as it is.

Linux don't need nothing from Microsoft. :mad:

Linux the smart choice for smart people. Windows for everyone else.

JokerTux and wizardfromoz like this.
  8. wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz Super Moderator
    Staff Member Gold Supporter

Likes to all the above, but big like to Trafa's (@Trafalmagorian - I shorten everything, Australian habit :)) comment.

It is said that one of the best things about knocking your head against a brick wall is the exhilarating feeling you get when you stop.

As one who head-knocked with Windows for 25 years before engineering a totally Linux household (3 computers) in 2014, I have that feeling every day, now.

I have great faith in the likes of Linus Torvalds and Richard Stallman (FOSS - GNU founder), and despite the fact that Microsoft have bought their way into a Platinum Membership of the Linux Foundation, I expect they will be subject to intense scrutiny to ensure that they are not a wolf in sheep's clothing.

One of the rewards of using Windows for so long is that I have a great appreciation of how enjoyable, secure and constructively challenging an OS can be, and that OS is named

GNU/Linux

Chris Turner
    wizardfromoz

JokerTux likes this.