Microsoft Responds to Linux Lock-Out Claims

My bad, I should have replied directly to your post. sorry for the confusion.;-)
No problem! ;^)

ALL countries and organizations, both proprietary and Not-For-Profit, should be working to make this Non-Mickey$oft controlled, but in the meantime the EU, and the US to a lesser degree (Due to Mickey$oft's history of influence and pressure), are currently the most influential in reeling in Balmer, Nadella, and their minions! Organizations can help, but in the end, I think it will take governmental control.

No problem! ;^)

ALL countries and organizations, both proprietary and Not-For-Profit, should be working to make this Non-Mickey$oft controlled, but in the meantime the EU, and the US to a lesser degree (Due to Mickey$oft's history of influence and pressure), are currently the most influential in reeling in Balmer, Nadella, and their minions! Organizations can help, but in the end, I think it will take governmental control.

Good point!! and I think relentless pressure from properly informed users will go a long way towards getting us out of this sorry mess. have MS never heard of the phraise "if it aint broke . don't fix it?".

I am all for innovation but not when it puts the user at the mercy of the big boys.

Until the US Court System or the EU puts their foot down and propoerly calls their actions, an attempted Monopoly! (Which it is!)

Unfortunately, MS will most likely still get their way if they throw enough money at the problem. Remember the 1998 MS anti-trust/monopoly lawsuit? That worked like a charm...

The dissenting states regarded the settlement as merely a slap on the wrist. Industry pundit Robert X. Cringely believed a breakup was not possible, and that "now the only way Microsoft can die is by suicide."[22] Andrew Chin, an antitrust law professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill who assisted Judge Jackson in drafting the findings of fact, wrote that the settlement gave Microsoft "a special antitrust immunity to license Windows and other 'platform software' under contractual terms that destroy freedom of competition."[23][24][25]

Lawsuits only make MicroBeast grow stronger!
..and now I can't find a PC without Windows preloaded except for specialty stores online

Staff online

Latest posts