Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd, 2017 please sign up again. Thanks!

1. Follow us on twitter - we shoot all of our new original content out as well as random messages. https://twitter.com/linuxdotorg
    Dismiss Notice

Microsoft 365 with Wine

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by flickerfairy, Mar 14, 2019.

1. flickerfairy

flickerfairy New Member

I'm having all kinds of issues trying to get this to work. Probably because I don't know what I'm doing.
    I tried using playonlinux to install office 10, but I don't know what file to select when it asks for the install file. I feel like it should be obvious, but again, I don't know what I'm doing lol.
    I have a subscription to microsoft 365, so I looked into that. I tried following the instructions (starting at installation instructions) at this link:
    https://appdb.winehq.org/objectMana...e&sClass=version&sTitle=&sReturnTo=&iId=35527
    The export command did nothing. I followed everything else. The installation fails. I've attached the log file. This is what the terminal spits out: wine: Assertion failed at address 0xf7f6d049 (thread 0032), starting debugger...
    Thanks for your help.

(Log in to hide this advertisement)

Attached Files:

2. arochester

arochester Moderator
    Staff Member Gold Supporter

3. flickerfairy

flickerfairy New Member

I had seen that before, but I hadn't really read into it because I had other plans at that point lol. Looking at it now, option 1 doesn't work because I need the features left out in the online version of excel, option 2 doesn't work because it requires a lisence that I do not have, and I'm wary of option 3 because setting up a vm seems much too complex for me. I might have to try the virtual machine though. I just thought installing through wine would be easier.

4. Condobloke

Condobloke Well-Known Member

Setting up a VM is not so bad.

Plenty of people here have that arrangement up and running....therefore there will be plenty of help available