Memcache vs Redis for Woocommerce

ZeroGeass

Reaction score
Credits
Hello,

I have Ubuntu 20.04 with LiteSpeed, alogn with Wordpress + Woocommerce. I use also LS Cache plugin.

I have installed both Memcache and Redis.

Between Redis and Memcache, how do I test which one is better for Woocommerce? I mean, I enable from Object Caching either Memcache or Redis, but how do I conclude which is better?

Will I have issues or errors later because I installed both?

Thank you!

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
So long as you're not using them at the same time, you should be fine.

To test, I'd suggest A/B testing - test with each to see which is faster. You can also Query Monitor to see check for errors and things like load size/time:

As you're using LS Cache, you might as well nullify most any slowness by using the QUIC CDN. It works very well, with many options. I pretty much leave the defaults in place, but the options are there. The free tier is adequate for a site just starting out. Then the prices are quite reasonable.

Also, this isn't really much of a Linux question so much as it's a WordPress question. I'm going to move it to 'off-topic', but that's just for organizational reasons. Folks will still see it and any interested parties will still respond.

OP
Z

ZeroGeass

Reaction score
Credits
I am sorry if I put a noob question, but they are both enabled in the vps. But I didn't configure yet the LS Cache plugin and I didn't choose the object caching (memcache or redis).

That means right now, in this moment, they are interfering ?

Thank you!

KGIII

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Credits
You'd want to check your various logs to see if there are any errors. If the site is running smoothly and loading well, I wouldn't worry too much about having them both running at the same time. I have memcache and LS cache at the same time on one of my sites - but no Redis with that one.

Install Error Log Viewer by BestWebSoft and check it a few hours later.

$100 Digital Ocean Credit
Get a free VM to test out Linux!

Linux.org Hosting Donations
Consider making a donation

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts