Solved ManRepository.com - An Linux Manual page for Ubuntu/ Debian / Arch Linux,...

Solved issue

lephuhai

Reaction score
Credits
Hello everyone,

I often read Linux manuals pages online and I noticed some issues:
  • Often they don't have the manuals of the software I use
  • The formatting of the man pages is not easy to read
So I decided to create a new site to fix this issue and called it ManRepository.com.

It currently indexes all package information of Ubuntu, Debian, and Arch Linux. And displays all man-page documents of each package. The man pages are formatted in HTML, making it easy to read them on any device because the website supports responsive design.
Website watch package updates in the repositories and quickly indexes any newly added manuals in the package.

I've already been using the site for a while, and I believe it will be just as helpful to you. Please feel free to try it out and share your feedback with me to help make this project even more useful. ❤️

Thank you so much.

I looked at this and was impressed with the man page formatting, which made the man pages easy to read. Thank you for making this website.

Looks quite awesome! Similar to pkgs.org but with a few more features just at first glance, I don't know if I am missing it be is it also possible to see from what repo exactly a package is from when clicking on in like on pkgs.org? And lastly I think it would be an idea to think of a shorter url name since short urls are easier to remember and more likely that people will return if they can remember the url since I don't always bookmark urls?

I don't know if I am missing it be is it also possible to see from what repo exactly a package is from when clicking on in like on pkgs.org
❤️ Fantastic idea, I will implement this feature.

Thank you for your suggestion ;)

Thanks for sharing your website!

Here's an example so it's clear what I mean.
Screenshot_20230424_183406.png

When looking up the steam package I can see that it's from rpmfusion, when looking it up on manrepository it tells you how to install it but not from what repo it is from. I sometimes find it useful if I am looking for a package that isn't in the default repos to see what third-party repo it might be in on pkgs.org so then that I can add that repo to my system.

Would it be an idea to also have an alias name for it like manrepo.com, since it's much shorter an easier to remember than the full current name? And I think if people want to donate to your website a donate option is also a useful thing.

Also welcome to linux.org, be sure to post an Introduction in the the Members Introduction section!

Was a mistake when I forgot Members Introduction section. I will post an introduction.

I had previously checked the availability of the domain manrepo.com, but it is not available for purchase. Although it's a beautiful domain name, easy to remember, and quick to access, I had to find another way. Therefore, I decided to use ManRepository.com, which is also an easy-to-remember and purposeful name for the project.

Members online

No members online now.