Manjaro with library config problem

I'm not sure what you are looking for but normally user configs are stored in /home/username/.config and system-wide config files in /etc.

Thanks it work!
Last question. How to check if the program, service run automatically after computer reboot? I was using this tutorial, but I do not know what exactly is fish shell and why author use it instead of configs.
I am really newbie in linux (first days). I always used windows for my entire life. In windows I had program opened and I could see the temperature values in linux I do not see such program.

takeshi567 wrote:
I do not know what exactly is fish shell
see the temperature values in linux
Sounds like you've jumped into some deeper bits of linux quite early in your journey ... so all credit to you for that. There's a learning curve that we all had climb, so you are not alone in that.

"fish" is a shell. A shell takes commands from the command line and passes them to the operating system which includes the kernel. When the user inputs a command, the shell returns the output that the command is asking for. The shell is just a program to achieve that output. The main shell in linux has been "bash" for many distributions, but there are plenty of other shells, "fish" being one of them. There's lots online about shells.

To find out what shell you are running, run:
Code:
echo $SHELL
To find out which shells are on your system run:
Code:
cat /etc/shells
To change shells, for example to change your login shell to bash run:
Code:
chsh -s bash

Temperature in linux can be obtained from the lm-sensors program. After it's installed, run, as user:
Code:
sensors
and the output looks like the following, depending on your system of course:
Code:
[flipflop ~]$ sensors
nouveau-pci-0100
Adapter: PCI adapter
GPU core:    900.00 mV (min =  +0.85 V, max =  +1.00 V)
temp1:        +47.0°C  (high = +95.0°C, hyst =  +3.0°C)
                       (crit = +105.0°C, hyst =  +5.0°C)
                       (emerg = +135.0°C, hyst =  +5.0°C)

acpitz-acpi-0
Adapter: ACPI interface
temp1:        +27.8°C  (crit = +119.0°C)
temp2:        +29.8°C  (crit = +119.0°C)

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Package id 0:  +30.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 0:        +28.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
Core 1:        +29.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)

After it's installed, run, as user:

Hmm... They may want to run this first:

Code:
sudo sensors-detect

If I'm remembering correctly...

Hmm... They may want to run this first:

Code:
sudo sensors-detect

If I'm remembering correctly...
Yes, run that. My lm-sensors has been installed so long, sensors is all I have in recent memory. "sensors-detect" can be run in auto mode too. The man page should help. Sorry if I was misleading to the OP.

Yes, run that. My lm-sensors has been installed so long, sensors is all I have in recent memory. "sensors-detect" can be run in auto mode too. The man page should help. Sorry if I was misleading to the OP.

I didn't have a recent lm-sensors install to double check, so I wasn't sure if you had to run it first - but it looks like my memory is still working.

Probably sometimes need to use it, for me never needed to use "sensors-detect" this command doesn't even exist on pop
edit: Stupid me, forgot to install, i restored yesterday recovery :rolleyes:

:D

Last edited:
Yeah, you want to run 'sudo sensors-detect' before running 'sensors' and you should be good to go.

Guys, you are like honey. Charmy linuxers ;)
Thanks guys, everyday much better. For now it is my second computer but it is good to start with it :)
Greetings
Everything works fine. Fans are quiet.

Members online

Latest posts