Lvm lockout and a failed gpart attempt

newattthiss

Reaction score
Credits
need help I installed mint cinnamon and used the lvm primary partition install on removing mint from my system i did not di it correctly and to top it off i tried gpart and locked myself out of all my harddives any help is this fixable even please help hate asking Thank You

The desktop I put cinnamon mint on was a AMD F2A85 =V PRO, Win-7 64-BIT Seagate HDD 1-TB iit only show 4 gigs available

When you say you're locked out what do you mean? Once you boot into gparted you should have full control over the disk.

When you say you're locked out what do you mean? Once you boot into gparted you should have full control over the disk.

what I mean is of the 1-TB HDD its shows 3 gigs of space I dont think I uninstalled cinnamon mint correctly or thoroughly I let cinnamon partitiion drive for me and chose use whole disk as primary on installation

what I mean is of the 1-TB HDD its shows 3 gigs of space I dont think I uninstalled cinnamon mint correctly or thoroughly I let cinnamon partitiion drive for me and chose use whole disk as primary on installation

Itwas my first time to use G-parted I had about 5 hard drives I tryed to use gparted on them and they r all corrupted i guessing as well

@newattthiss when you write your reply, use the pane at bottom which says "write your reply". Only use the one at right if you need to quote someone.

Cheers

Wizard

With GParted you just erase the partition and create a new one Then you can size it as big as you want. Then when you install a new OS tell it to use the partition you created.

With GParted you just erase the partition and create a new one Then you can size it as big as you want. Then when you install a new OS tell it to use the partition you created.

Ok if i use gparted it shows 3 gigs available should i still continue even though it only showing 3 gigs of TB DRIVE

The question is do you require the data that is on the non-free partition? If you don't require the data then delete the partition and you will have the whole 1TB to use. If you do then you could try and squeeze the data partition.

Ok let me see if i can get g-parted to save me i dont have anything on it i wanna save

Are you saying you cannot delete the partitions off the drive?

Yes that is my issue the lvm partitioning has g-part locked out from acessing partition

Run the following command and post the results inside code tags;

Code:
fdisk -l /dev/sd#

Replace '#' with the disk id i.e., a or b or whatever it may be.

Members online