Lubuntu and OTG adapters on Linx7 tablet

JasonStonier

Reaction score
Credits
Hi all,

I'm trying to resurrect an old Linx7 Intel Atom (BayTrail) tablet - it originally came with Windows 8 and I successfully put Windows 10 on it to check the hardware was working. I've installed Lubuntu after a bit of fiddling (64-bit OS with a 32-bit UEFI) and it's running well - even the touchscreen works out of the box.

Now the issue - I have a USB OTG 'hub' with 3x female USB-A ports and a female micro B port for charging. The device has a physical switch to go between OTG (host) and charging.

In Windows 10 on this tablet, with the switch in "charge" I could simultaneously charge and use USB devices (keyboard, mouse, and USB drive) - however in Lubuntu it's EITHER charge OR use USB devices.

Anyone any idea if it's possible to get simultaneous OTG/charge working in Linux? I've googled around it, but the answers seem to be generally "that's not how USB works, it's impossible" which is not the case, since clearly the hardware is capable of simultaneously charging and hosting USB devices, as it works in Windows 10 on this tablet.

Thanks!

By the way, I'm switching between Lubunto and Bodhi on this tablet to see which I like better, so I'll probably post the same question over on the Bodhi forums - no doubt the answer will be applicable whichever way I go, as it's (as far as I know) the same kernel.

Members online

Latest posts