Lubuntu 20.04 how save overclock settings in nvidia x server settings ?

aug7744

Reaction score
Credits
I have enabled nvidia x server overclock settings using coolbits.
Is an few strange that using coolbits using an option value not is possbile enable both fan and overclock settings at same time.
When selecting coolbits to enable overclock settings allways that starting the system the previous overclock or underclock settings not are saved and need to configure all again.
How to permanetly save overclock or underclock settings avoid that strange detail that is not saving overclock settings ?
I not understang because in Linux some details are more hard to configure not being how windows is simple to configure using nvidia control panel and precision xoc.
Thanks for reply.

Have a look here:

Advanced Setup: <this blew my mind when I read through it>

To make the settings permanent I think (notice I said 'think') you have to go into the BIOS.

What nvidia GPU do you have?

Hope that helps-:)

GT 640.
I wait to underclock GPU and memory simply because original design the GPU run above of 65 C and memory are extremely hot.
I only need to underclock and save to allways when starting the system load underclock values.
I am new Linux user and not wait to return to an system where the owner wait bad against me.
Unhappily have details in Linux much strange and result in bad experience for some users.
Yes for some components command line is good, but that detail not saving setting and the extreme difficulty to figure how save settings create problema for anyone that wait known or use Linux.
Please not understand bad .... Not saying Linux to be avoided, but that some details had to be more simple.

I understand how hard it is to understand Linux. I was a noob once myself.
I had to do a lot of reading to understand things.

Have you gone through all of the x-server settings with root privileges to see if there is a way to save and exit?
Can you post a screen shot of the x-server gui?

Last edited:
The man in the video in post #2 confirms some things you need to do.
Did you watch the video?

IMPORTANT:
In order to have control over the X-server Settings you have to open that GUI as root.

sudo nvidia-settings

Watch the video it should help you to make the settings stay.

Members online

Latest posts