Love Manjaro

lekkerlinux

Reaction score
Credits
I love Manjaro!

I must have made some mistake during installation because I don't have "shutdown" and "reboot", but I just tell it what to do in terminal and it listens to me!

This is a solid dsitro, not even I could break it and I have broken Debian, the symbol is stability.

Manjaro is very good. I first tried it some years ago and give it a test run every now and then.
I first installed it on a netbook because they had a light-weight version back then. Somewhere around the time of Ubuntu 11.04 - the last Ubuntu I installed on that netbook.
I am becoming less enamored of Linux Mint Cinnamon since I upgraded to 19.1 on my desktop computer and will be installing Manjaro on it in the very near future. Installing it in a dual boot for now but will likely be moving over to Manjaro completely for my 'daily driver'.
Manjaro ROCKS!

G'day all :)

Lekker, which Desktop Environment did you choose? Maybe I can assist in finding those functions.

Wiz

Manjaro ROCKS!
[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does,but the just use th stadard updater and not the one used by the menu you get after the install, it gets stuck while updating and stuff gets messed up.

Lekker, which Desktop Environment did you choose?

I choose XFCE and I found the right buttons in the properties in the panel.

After the install I found the Manjaro Helo window and used that to select and dis-select programs I wanted or didn't want, however as it was updating the software it got stuck at the end and I had to use the normal updater.

Overall it works very well, the back is just corrupted on startup but then quickly recovers and looks like it should.

Antergos was great but Budgie desktop had some functions missing and too slow.

Manjaro has a fixed place at my second labtop and at my server.
I love xfce.
:)
I absolutely love XFCE because my PC works much faster. It's just that somethings don't work as well.

Everything works on Gnome on my PC but it's heavier.

xfce works on a computer (Server) on which GDM just doesn't want to start. (low gpu)

xfce works on a computer (Server) on which GDM just doesn't want to start. (low gpu)
I play the game 0 A.D. and noticed the trees moving like the wind is blowing, in XFCE. This effect never happened before when I was using Budgie desktop.

It might be that some programs just perform better when the desktop environment is very light.

I don't love Manjaro anymore. I installed Manjaro Gnome and something broke during the update process and it could not update anymore.

I just installed Antergos Gnome and it works great.

Lekker, you need to copy and paste to here the actual errors you encounter, then we could take a further look at them.

Cheers

Wiz

Now I use Manjaro and it was a perfect choice! Perfect for development

Lekker, you need to copy and paste to here the actual errors you encounter, then we could take a further look at them.

Cheers

Wiz

Manjaro tried to update after I installed it. The updates were one Gig in all and failed at the end while Steam was being updated.

I tried to install it two more times and encountered the same problem.

Manjaro ROCKS!

Yes, it does,but the just use th stadard updater and not the one used by the menu you get after the install, it gets stuck while updating and stuff gets messed up.
[/QUOTE]

I still prefer the command line using pacman. I like to see what is happening with the installs and upgrades. Yes, Manjaro Rocks.

I still prefer the command line using pacman. I like to see what is happening with the installs and upgrades. Yes, Manjaro Rocks.

Yes, you are right, but I only know how to talk to a Debian based system and programs breaking after a update is much rarer in Ubuntu and derivatives.