Looking for a compatible version of Linux for a laptop

WADUBBER

Reaction score
Credits
I have a laptop here that has no OS currently installed. I have been told by the owner that it used to run a "puppy" version of Linux. The laptop is a Dell Latitude D430. Anyone know a compatible version of Linux for this laptop.

Attachments

• IMG_20200310_092120.jpg
    IMG_20200310_092120.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 526

Warlike, please what is crunch-bang ? Not every one know ! I am Italy live in France and write a little English.... do you know ? On the world there are 7111 language more dialect. Merci

I forgot this. BunsenLabs Linux Helium continuation of CrunchBang Linux. Thanks for the info arochester..

This is a good little OOTB Linux Distro and is offered in 32 bit and supported until 2023.

LXLE.

There are a TON of really good distros for small machines. I run Bodhi 5.0 on my old Toshiba A135 laptop. Any one of these suggestions would be great. I would avoid usin Puppy on anything. It's designed to NOT be installed on a hard drive - you can, but it's not really useful.

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions, I'll check these out. I don't have access to the laptop because it's not mine, but I'll check the compatibility of the recommended OSs and provide the owner with the info.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts