Looking for a compatible version of Linux for a laptop

WADUBBER

Reaction score
Credits
I have a laptop here that has no OS currently installed. I have been told by the owner that it used to run a "puppy" version of Linux. The laptop is a Dell Latitude D430. Anyone know a compatible version of Linux for this laptop.

Attachments

• IMG_20200310_092120.jpg
    IMG_20200310_092120.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 518

Warlike, please what is crunch-bang ? Not every one know ! I am Italy live in France and write a little English.... do you know ? On the world there are 7111 language more dialect. Merci

I forgot this. BunsenLabs Linux Helium continuation of CrunchBang Linux. Thanks for the info arochester..

This is a good little OOTB Linux Distro and is offered in 32 bit and supported until 2023.

LXLE.

There are a TON of really good distros for small machines. I run Bodhi 5.0 on my old Toshiba A135 laptop. Any one of these suggestions would be great. I would avoid usin Puppy on anything. It's designed to NOT be installed on a hard drive - you can, but it's not really useful.

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions, I'll check these out. I don't have access to the laptop because it's not mine, but I'll check the compatibility of the recommended OSs and provide the owner with the info.

Members online