Locked Threads - Disappointed

darry1966

Reaction score
Credits
At the risk of being very unpopular I find locking up threads that could be helpful for people with mental illness and addiction to be very unfortunate. I hope that if someone on these forums asks for help I hope the thread won't be locked!

Yes I do realise this is a computer Linux forum first and formost.

Fast-track me, Daz ... which one/s?

Chris

BTW, if you prefer privacy, converse with me :)

Got it, I will take a look.

I saw that last night and I was also disappointed - but I figured it's not my house, so it's not my rules.

I have read the rules a few times...here they are for anyone who missed them
[IMG alt="Rob"]https://www.linux.org/data/avatars/m/0/1.jpg?1493053570[/IMG]
Rob
Administrator
Staff member

Credits 118

Jun 15, 2019
Wanted to set some ground rules for the off-topic section. This section is for light hearted conversations that wouldn't belong in a linux-related section. If things get too serious or end up taking up moderators' time, then we'll get rid of it.. we're pretty lax around here, but this forum will likely have a tighter leash.

Also, this forum's posts do not show up on the main page of the site - you'll need to check new posts (link up top) or go directly into this section to see new content.

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the 'issues' in here may be quite meaningless to some people, there is a certain camaraderie established between the member participants, which allows them a talking point outside of Linux crap.

Very, VERY, important to have this relief valve present in a forum such as this. Despite the apparent bonhomie which always appears to be present (not so on other forums) There are pressures none the less. For the more mature members I need not explain further.

The level of commitment from some of our members is through the roof....an owner of a business could only wish he/she had people so dedicated.

Allow the participating members of linux.org, a place to let off steam. It is a small price to pay

Just an FYI, Staff are currently in a powwow about the locked threads.

Obviously I cannot give you an indication of what decision might be taken until it is made, released and acted upon or not.

If the decision is taken to reopen the Threads, I will report back here, let you know, lock the Thread, and then delete it, as it will no longer be "relevant".

Thank you for your interest, your patience, and your support of this site. :)

Wizard

BTW - thanks Brian, we nearly crossed beams for the 2nd time today. :)

BTW do please be patient if it takes 24 hours to get a decision. We have only 3 active Staff on different timezones (USA, UK, and Australia) looking after in excess of 30,000 Members.

;)

Those 3 Threads have been unlocked.

The two from the same OP may be merged, which I hope to effect this weekend.

Cheers and

Avagudweegend

Wizard

Those 3 Threads have been unlocked.

Most excellent! Most excellent, indeed.

It'd probably go without saying, but I'll say it anyhow. Thanks.

Ultimate credit to @Rob , for providing this subforum - he's the best Admin I have worked with, by a long shot.

;)Wiz

Very much agree with both @KGIII & @wizardfromoz .....a seriously excellent outcome

@Rob ...well done, mate.

Admin....beats the hell out of stalag 13, eh Chris?

Thankyou Rob, Wiz and all the Admins for the way this site is run. No easy job and yes I have seen sights run like the Stalag you mention. Anyway this is a great site and one I call home. Don't go near Puppy forums much anymore so this place is pretty much where I hangout.

Last edited:
I don't mean to go on but decisions like.............. "
Those 3 Threads have been unlocked."

The two from the same OP may be merged, which I hope to effect this weekend."
Are rare because it was considered, thought over one. Rare these days and lesson to people like me who can be rash sometimes - so yeah a considered, sensible outcome - many thanks again.

Members online