Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd please sign up again. Thanks!

Live User Signed Into All tty's 1-6

Discussion in 'General Linux' started by bambuntu, Feb 7, 2012.

1. bambuntu

bambuntu Guest

Why is my Live user signed into tty1 - 6?

A few details explaining the only changes I've made:

I downloaded Linux Mint 12. Burned, booted, and installed to hard drive. Performed updates. Downloaded Remastersys from repos. Remastered with updates (so I don't have to download them any more). I burn and boot the remastered updated Linux Mint 12. I log in and find that my user is logged into all the ttys 1-6. I hit Ctrl + Alt + F1-6 and try to exit with exit command, but it won't let me exit any tty.

This happend also with Linux Mint Julia. With Julia I also had my admin user signed in on boot (I can't tell this is happening on 12 yet). I can never sign out live. When I reinstall to hard disk from updated remaster, this doesn't happen. I mean, my admin is not signed at gdm prompt. And, no one is sigend into the tty's except the last one, I think F7 for xsession or whatever that is. Additionally, if I remaster with multiple accounts, those accounts are not signed in. They can sign in and out without a hitch.

What's going on with my Live session? How can I stop my Live user from being signed in automatically?

2. Rob

Rob Guest

I'm not sure - but I'll boot off a live cd at work tomorrow and see if I can recreate it.. live session users usually don't prompt you for user/pass tho right? It's been a while since I used a live sess.