Linuxgruven survivor with a mission!

Jayv2251

Reaction score
Credits
Yes, I'm one of the folks that got ripped off by Linuxgruven some 20 years ago. I was given an LCA certification as a Linux Certified Associate network engineer. Then I watched as my "school" was closed, my tuition disappeared and the "owner" of Linxugruven was arrested and sent to jail under the Reco act. My certification wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. Right around that same time I found out my fiance and I were expecting our daughter, so I never utilized any of my skills with both Linux and as well as my A+, Net+ and Linux+ courses.

So now, 20 years later I want to get back into Linux again, with the sole purpose of building a cluster to mine cryptocurrency. I read an article by Motherboard magazine describing a new program being started by Samsung Corp. This program designated "Upcycling Program" showed many examples of what could be done with older phones once they're no longer being used as a phone. One project highlighted in the article I read was about a Linux cluster that utilized 40 Galaxy S5's as nodes to mine cryptocurrency.

I was Googling yet again for information on how to mine cryptocurrency using a Linux cluster when I happened across Jarret B's how-to on setting up a Beowulf cluster using 4 Raspberry Pi's. You'll be seeing me asking questions about all this very soon.

Welcome to linux.org @Jayv2251

Hoping you find a few other things of interest here too.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

Welcome to the forums

Hello Jayv2251,
Welcome to the Forums and Enjoy! :)

Members online