LinuxForum IRC server?

R

Rob

Would anyone have any interest in a LinuxForum.com IRC server? This is something we've talked about and would like to get your opinions..

Thanks,
Rob

Forums are made to retain informations... Chats no. This forum has to grow in great shape because deserve it. Let the forum grow and after a good base of active members start the IRC chat. (this is my 1 cent opinion of course!) :rolleyes:

How about a freenode channel? We used to have one for phpfreaks on freenode but when we switched to our own server I saw a large decrease in active users.

I don't think it's a good idea to have an IRC channel when the forum is this small. Chat rooms of any sort have been found to hurt a lot of forums, and I don't want to see that here.

I say wait until about 20,000 posts or so and then provide details to an IRC chat room, don't put a client on the forum ;)

I didn't get anywhere finding access to the current #linuxforum channel on there.. started a new one #linuxforum.com.. registered it w/ chanserv so we're controlling one out there.

lucas: yeah, i'm not going to make a webchat point to it.. that would defeat the purpose of the forum..

Just going to use it as a place to hang throughout the day while at work.. help ppl that might come in there from other freenode channels, etc..

I didn't get anywhere finding access to the current #linuxforum channel on there.. started a new one #linuxforum.com.. registered it w/ chanserv so we're controlling one out there.

lucas: yeah, i'm not going to make a webchat point to it.. that would defeat the purpose of the forum..

Just going to use it as a place to hang throughout the day while at work.. help ppl that might come in there from other freenode channels, etc..

I think it's a great idea that you opened channel for the forum, I know that the community is still really small but come on, not everyone uses IRC, and lot of people doesn't even know what is it, or they won't use it because there is no web client. Just joined the channel!

I think the best is to stay at the freenode IRC Server. Maybe sounds IRC like a good idea right now, but it can make a hell of work. Stay at this Forum for a while. Take a look how it develops. When the one channel we using isn't enough, a server may become a good idea. But for now it would be a waste of time and resources.

so far
Akendo

PS: We have a channel, try to bring the people to this channel!

Members online

Latest posts