Status
Not open for further replies.

sataniel

Reaction score
Credits
Linux® is an open source operating system (OS). An operating system is the software that directly manages a system's hardware and resources, like CPU, memory, and storage.
The OS sits between applications and hardware and makes the connections between all of your software and the physical resources that do the work.

Attachments

• linux.png
    linux.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 225

We know. Many of us have been using Linux for decades.

Did you have a question or is this a bot misfiring.

smells botish to me

Indeed. I should probably remove it, but I guess I'm just going to move it to off-topic. For now...

I'd not be surprised to see Wiz remove it, as my 'shift' ends soon.

Sataniel = the devil.

Linux® is an open source operating system (OS). An operating system is the software that directly manages a system's hardware and resources, like CPU, memory, and storage.
The OS sits between applications and hardware and makes the connections between all of your software and the physical resources that do the work.

Hmmm, actually Linux is just a free/libre/open source operating system kernel.

Linux distributions are complete, open-source operating systems that combine the Linux kernel with many other pieces of free-software - e.g. GNU userland tools, GNU C runtime, a compositing/windowing system (X11, and or Wayland), login manager, desktop environment/window manager, plus a selection of other useful software (browsers, editors, media players etc).

Depending on each Linux distributions policies and ethics, some also include non-free software - e.g. software that is free of financial cost, but is NOT open source and therefore not truly free software (Not free as in freedom!).
Others completely exclude non-free software and do not give their users easy access to non-free software.

Just thought I'd clear that up!

Linux = OS kernel
Linux distribution = complete OS featuring Linux kernel + lots of other software.

LOL @Mr. Pedantic.

I'm pretty sure they're a failed bot. I'll lock the thread and OP can PM me if they're actually a real human.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online