Linux Version of Rufus 3.1

I gave Etcher a full test run & it works & the USB boot works fine but there's only one thing I don't like about it, it causes my USB to deny permissions to create & delete files.

I am not sure Eddie Paul that I understand exactly what you are saying.

Are you in a Live session that has been generated through Etcher, if so, what Linux is on the Live stick?

What sort of files are you trying to create and delete, and are they on the stick or your HDD?

Cheers

Wizard

The Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS OS files. I wasn't trying to delete anything. I'm on my main HDD.

I gave Etcher a full test run & it works & the USB boot works fine but there's only one thing I don't like about it, it causes my USB to deny permissions to create & delete files.

Then I am still lost with the above. Can you explain in more detail?

Cheers

Wizard

""so that I don't need to use wine for?""

This is from your opening post.....

If I understand it correctly you want a program/app to burn something like ubuntu 18.1, so that you will not need to use Wine to run windows programs ?

OR
it causes my USB to deny permissions to create & delete files......does this mean that you still have the usb plugged in, and you are trying to create files and it wont allow it ?

Last edited:
""so that I don't need to use wine for?""

This is from your opening post.....

If I understand it correctly you want a program/app to burn something like ubuntu 18.1, so that you will not need to use Wine to run windows programs ?

OR
it causes my USB to deny permissions to create & delete files......does this mean that you still have the usb plugged in, and you are trying to create files and it wont allow it ?

Trying to add files and it wont allow it.

Where are the files coming from Eddie? From your hard drive, and if so, which folders?

Wizard

I decided to put them on my 119gb SD Card. I guess I just have to deal w/ it. Unless you guys know another USB Bootable Linux Software.

Unless you guys know another USB Bootable Linux Software.
Have you tried Google? There are at least two other methods... 1) a program called Unetbootin and 2) a Linux terminal command called "dd". These may or may not have the same issue(s) that you're having with Etcher.

Creating a bootable Linux USB typically erases everything on the USB. So when using a USB for this purpose it is not usually used again as a storage device. If you want it to be storage again, you can reformat it to get rid of the bootable Linux.

Cheers

Step By Step Create A bootable USB Stick On Ubuntu 18.04
If you are already running Ubuntu Linux system the easiest way to create a bootable Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic USB stick is to use Startup Disk Creator. Given that you have already downloaded Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver ISO image, and inserted your USB stick, navigate to your start menu and search for Startup Disk Creator.
Read More - https://www.itsmarttricks.com/how-to-create-a-bootable-uefi-linux-mint-usb-drive/

Last edited by a moderator:
Step By Step Create A bootable USB Stick On Ubuntu 18.04
If you are already running Ubuntu Linux system the easiest way to create a bootable Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic USB stick is to use Startup Disk Creator. Given that you have already downloaded Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver ISO image, and inserted your USB stick, navigate to your start menu and search for Startup Disk Creator.
Read More - https://www.itsmarttricks.com/how-to-create-a-bootable-uefi-linux-mint-usb-drive/
In the event that you are as of now running Ubuntu Linux framework the least demanding approach to make a bootable Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic USB stick is to utilize Startup Disk Creator. Given that you have just downloaded Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver ISO picture, and embedded your USB stick, explore to your begin menu and scan for Startup Disk Creator..

Members online