Linux Version of Rufus 3.1

Eddie Paul Litz

Reaction score
Credits
Is there a Linux Version of Rufus 3.1 I can use for later versions of Ubuntu like 18.10 or so that I don't need to use wine for?

I got the Etcher from Linux Help installed but not sure how to install the update in the image below.

Screenshot from 2018-09-04 13-53-00.png

It's already marked as executable but it won't run.

First off, it's usually a double-click to open, not just a click.

Second is to be sure that you extracted the appimage file from the zip file it comes in. Then double-click the appimage file.

Third... if double-clicking doesn't work, try opening a terminal in the folder where the file is located (often in Downloads) and run it by starting to type: ./etch and then hit the TAB key so the Linux will finish typing the appimage file name for you. Note that command begins with dot slash etch (no spaces) and then hit the TAB key.

If it doesn't run, either you are mistaken and it is not set to be executable, or else you have a bad download and the file is corrupted.

Cheers

eddie@eddie-HP-Notebook:~/Downloads/etcher-electron-1.4.4-linux-ia32$ ./etcher-electron-1.4.4-i386.AppImage
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libgtk3-nocsd.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
./etcher-electron-1.4.4-i386.AppImage: error while loading shared libraries: libfuse.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

An appimage is supposed to be self-contained... you should not get errors for shared objects, etc.

Please go to the folder where your Etcher files are stored and give us the output from this command:
Code:
ls -al etch*

(That's all lower case for: LS -AL ETCH*)

eddie@eddie-HP-Notebook:~/Downloads/etcher-electron-1.4.4-linux-ia32$ ls -al etch*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 eddie eddie 85917696 Apr 26 13:32 etcher-electron-1.4.4-i386.AppImage

You don't have a 32-bit CPU, do you? Why not try the 64-bit version of Etcher instead.... that may solve the problem.

The link @arochester gave above (https://etcher.io/) defaults to a 64-bit download for Linux, if you surf there with Ubuntu. Don't change it with the down arrow.... just click the Download button to get the 64-bit version.

I got the right version & it works but it keeps displaying this screen when I click on it.

Screenshot from 2018-09-04 20-44-29.png

Plus it won't install a shortcut to the launcher.

I got the right version & it works
Great!

Did you tell the "installer" yes or no? I've never click on yes, but I think it only creates a shortcut on your desktop, though I can't be sure.

You should be able to manually create your own launcher. If you let it create a desktop shortcut, you may can drag-and-drop that to your panel/launcher bar.

I made my own shortcut in the App Launcher but it still keeps asking the same question when I launch it. I guess I'll just have to put up w/ it.:confused:

I ran Etcher and clicked Yes... then it quit asking me. But I don't know what it did.... it did not create a desktop shortcut as I guessed.

Whatever it did on your end isn't doing what it did from your end.

Okay... I don't really know what it did, but also I do not use Ubuntu (or Gnome), so there could be a difference there. I've always just clicked No whenever I use it anyway.

Okay

Members online