Linux version installation

Sowmitri S H

Reaction score
Credits
I got an Asus laptop Core i3 with 4GB RAM. Willing to install free version of Linux on this laptop (for learning purpose). Please advise Linux version that can be installed on this laptop possibly with good speed.
Thanks a lot in advance.

I got an Asus laptop Core i3 with 4GB RAM. Willing to install free version of Linux on this laptop (for learning purpose). Please advise Linux version that can be installed on this laptop possibly with good speed.
Thanks a lot in advance.

In this case, MX Linux. Or if you want something even lighter, Linux Lite

I second Brickwizard's recommendation that there is no best Linux Distribution, picking one depends largely upon your needs, your expectations, your experience with computers, you name it.

I do wholeheartedly encourage you to try out many different distributions, the vast majority of which you can use and try in a live environment from within your USB drive before you install them.

These days, many are suited for low-spec computers, and Linux (in general, there are exceptions) is more beginner-friendly than it has ever been before.

Ultimately, you are the only one that can decide which Linux Distribution is the one for you.

Hello @Sowmitri S H,
Welcome to Linux.or Forum, enjoy the journey.
As others have said there is no best Linux Distro only the one that works best for you. Try several on live usb and see which one meets your personal needs. Remeber though that the Live session will be slower than the installed version of almost any distro. With all of them there will be a learning curve, But that can be overcome quickly, Good luck in your search.

Welcome to the Forum.
m0135.gif

The first thing to learn is how to burn an ISO to a Flash Drive...many have no idea...then I would say Linux lite or Linux Mint but in the end only you know what you like.
m1212.gif

Members online