Linux to Disk

Dean Sheakley

Reaction score
Credits
Hello all,
I appreciate the help given to me here it is pretty cool. However my question is:
I have a completely wiped server that I want dedicated to Linux but when I go to download it the system here
notices I am running Windows and modifies my download. How can I download it without any other considerations? Then how do I mount into my system?
Thanks for your help.

G'day Dean, and Welcome !

What exactly are you downloading ?.....and from where (url please)

In what way does windoze modify your download ?

When download now is visible it offers to me, "Monitor Linux, Windows. AIX Unix."
When I first selected the downloading of Linux it showed that my OS was recognized as windows and would require the additions of these other files for Windows installation.
It was here that this all went down. Well I have been given a server that has been wiped clean without an OS installed so this is to be just Linux based and thought maybe I could copy it to disk with an
auto mount code where the disk could be loaded but being so green I am unsure if that can be done that way.
Thank you for your response!
Dean

Hi Dean & welcome to linux.org :)

Disclaimer is I know next to nothing about server maintenance/operation :p

Take a look at this Google Search, keywords are "Monitor Linux, Windows. AIX Unix" and this page

http://nmon.sourceforge.net/pmwiki.php

... and see if anything relates ... I suspect the server may not have been as wiped as you might expect.

We have some sysadmins around, perhaps one might offer better advice?

Good luck

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

When download now is visible it offers to me, "Monitor Linux, Windows. AIX Unix."
When I first selected the downloading of Linux it showed that my OS was recognized as windows and would require the additions of these other files for Windows installation.

I'm not sure what you're looking at... maybe some other app that runs in different OS'es. Please send the URL of this download page so we can investigate. There should not be any "additional files" needed to install a Linux server distribution.

As far as I know, Linux server distros (CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu) are downloaded the same as a Linux desktop distro... it is all contained in one large file with a .iso file extension. You must "burn" the .iso image file onto a DVD or USB flash drive in a special manner (not just copy the file) so that it will boot up your server. Once it boots it up, then it can be installed.

Members online