Purchase Linux CDs / DVDs / Flash Drives at OSDisc.com

Welcome to Our Community

While Linux.org has been around for a while, we recently changed management and had to purge most of the content (including users). If you signed up before April 23rd please sign up again. Thanks!

Linux PS2 emulator?

Discussion in 'General Linux' started by carbon333, Feb 16, 2012.

1. carbon333

carbon333 Guest

Is there any Linux PS2 emulator that can run Tekken 4 or 5?

2. paolochicha

paolochicha Guest

You could also download Yellowdog Linux for PS3(elder version where other OS were possible to be installed) and run the Emulator there, I think I would try and use the GCube emu on it, since it is demanding a sick ass computer to just get near playable.

3. The best PS2 emulator for both Windows and Linux is PCSX2, which still requires a BIOS image and configuration for your graphics card.

4. Darwin

Darwin Guest

INB4 this is probably the best option for a lower spec computer also.

5. ehansen

ehansen Guest

Anyone find it funny that while console-ported games are easy to play on ultra even on an nVidia 9600 GT, the ability to emulate console power (i.e.: playing ROMs easily) is still hard to pull off? I know it takes a lot of work and such, but still.

6. Levi88

Levi88 Guest

Hi guys. i'm totally new to this. Ok, I found the PCSX2 and it only has a 32 bit version. They say you can install the dependencies, but it was looking like for specific distros? I run an Ubuntu based OS of Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 bit fully updated with the Kde backports. I do not have the Ubuntu software center (as it was removed with the Kde backports), but do have the Lubuntu. Will this still work? I have a 3.00GHz dual core Pentium with 3GB DDR2 RAM and a Geforce 210 silent graphics card with 1GB.