Linux not booting up receiving error

Mike Oxmall

Reaction score
Credits
Hi guys,

Been busy with work and not had much time to mess around with my laptop which was working fine yesterday but today unfortunately i am receiving this error message when booting up, I have no idea how to get back into my login page,

Added a picture to show what exactly I am receiving follow by a blank dark greyish screen

Literally have no idea what to do or how to fix this issue

Attachments

• IMG20220614020330.jpg
    IMG20220614020330.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 412

Well, that's new to me... I did some searching and came up with this link that has a few potential solutions:

Thank you KG I'll see if that helps, I've not internet access on it, no apps are updating it eventually does load the login screen but nothing seems to work on the terminal

Been doing a bit of surfing around various forums, and it seems that integrity: Problem loading X.509 certificate -65 is usually caused by a dying HDD.

Prices are high now so if you wanted to, you could replace the ssd in the laptop rather than having to purchase a new laptop.

Just an idea-

You may wanna try booting an AntiX (fast, lite, low requirements) live USB to run some diagnostics. It's minimal and won't be so prone to display issues, and though obviously any live distro lets you test the hdd/ssd, AntiX boots fastest.

Prices are high now so if you wanted to, you could replace the ssd in the laptop rather than having to purchase a new laptop.

Just an idea-
Most likely grab a used hp from online with a years warranty, had this laptop for over 7yrs now its time has finally came lol

You may wanna try booting an AntiX (fast, lite, low requirements) live USB to run some diagnostics. It's minimal and won't be so prone to display issues, and though obviously any live distro lets you test the hdd/ssd, AntiX boots fastest.
Ill don't even know how to check the diagnostics im that basic at this stuff

, had this laptop for over 7yrs now
is that all.... my dell is about 12 yrs old all i have done to it is up the ram from 2 to 4 gb and changed the hdd about 3 yrs ago

oh you can pick up a reconditioned 320gb 2.5" sata hdd for around £12 to £15

and just as a guide a 2015 Acer aspire E5-573-3870 in working order is worth around £90 [other makes around the same age are + - £10]

Last edited:
is that all.... my dell is about 12 yrs old all i have done to it is up the ram from 2 to 4 gb and changed the hdd about 3 yrs ago

oh you can pick up a reconditioned 320gb 2.5" sata hdd for around £12 to £15

and just as a guide a 2015 Acer aspire E5-573-3870 in working order is worth around £90 [other makes around the same age are + - £10]

Isit difficult to install the HDD on the laptop?

If it isnt I'll pick one up off eBay or Amazon

If it isnt I'll pick one up off eBay or Amazon
Dissembling a laptop is a little more detailed than a desktop.
Not all HDD's are right there as soon as you flip the laptop over. The build depends on the manufacturer.
I've done it once on an old Toshiba.

Don't forget the order in which you take the laptop apart. That way you'll be able to re-assemble it.

Yours is old enough so that it *might* have it's own access panel on the bottom of the laptop. It'll be like one screw, maybe more, and the panel will open and the drive can be swapped in a few minutes.

This is not true for all modern laptops, but it's worth flipping your laptop over and looking. You can also put the model number into your favorite search engine and someone's sure to have replaced the drive on it and put directions - perhaps even video - online.

Staff online

Members online