LInux Mint Kernels

gillsman

Reaction score
Credits
Hi,
My active kernel is 4.18.0-13 & in the update manager it is listed as "Superseded" there is another "Installed" kernel 4.18.0-14 this is listed as "Supported until August 2019" Then there is 4.15.0-44 which is listed as "Supported until April 2023" This would appear to be the one to choose due to it's long support but you would imagine 4.18 would be a more recent kernel to 4.15 but this is not borne out by the supported dates.

Can anyone clear this up for me please & advise which one I should use.
I am using Mint 19.1 Tessa Cinnamon.

Thanks.

Typically most distros will offer a "LTS(long term support)" version every couple of iterations. LTS is favorable for developers and businesses because they know they can work in that environment for a long time. As a single user looking for cutting edge software and support you could enjoy the most recent versions when they drop.

Typically most distros will offer a "LTS(long term support)" version every couple of iterations. LTS is favorable for developers and businesses because they know they can work in that environment for a long time. As a single user looking for cutting edge software and support you could enjoy the most recent versions when they drop.

Staff online

Members online