Linux Mint dvd

flash

Reaction score
Credits
Purchased a DVD for my old DESKTOP PC, loaded just fine deleted my win 7 with no problem, my onboard graphics was on it's way out, so just my luck didn't get very far with setting it up, my big question is can I use that DVD to run on my Laptop running Win 10 ? Thank you, flash

If the DVD is a 'Live' version of the .iso and of the same architecture (32bit vs 64bit) of the laptop - then yes you can.
You can boot off of the DVD and run it in 'Live' mode. This will not affect the Win 10 installation at all.
Just be careful to NOT click on the 'Install' icon unless that is what you intend to do.

my onboard graphics was on it's way out, so just my luck didn't get very far with setting it up

If the graphics isn't totally dead, you may can find a different distro that is easier on the graphic system. Or, since it's a desktop, you can also find a cheap graphics card to install instead of the onboard system. There is probably a lot of life left in that old computer if you like to tinker a bit.

There are lots of cheap video cards out there. As long as you're not a gamer or graphic artist, you don't need an expensive one. All you have to do is open the case, unplug the power cable to the card, if it has one, unscrew the retaining screw, pull it out, put the new one in it's place and reverse the order of what I just said above.