linux mint (cindy)

If you would learn a little about the Linux distro you are trying to install you would know that LMDE is based off of Debian and Debian doesn't allow the use of PPAs.
Not by default but you can certainly add PPAs. First, you need to install software-properties-common
Code:
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
and then add the desired PPA. It's worth mentioning that even then some PPAs might not work at all but some will do.

it looks like lite version of linux.. have a look of pre windows xp.
it support vlc and codec...
but does it support webdavs ?
hopefully audio, mouse and webcam supported .lol
FWIW, I've tried Linux Lite and everything worked for me out of the box. Regarding wedavs, you can ask on their forum which is just as friendly as this one. https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/index.php

Not by default but you can certainly add PPAs. First, you need to install software-properties-common
Code:
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
and then add the desired PPA. It's worth mentioning that even then some PPAs might not work at all but some will do.

Yep OOTB Debian prefers and recommends users to stay within the repository's for software.

For me not any problem as I don't need any of the third party software that most users seem to have to have.

I'm an OOTB user which could be why I very rarely if ever have or have had any problems with any Linux distro.

Yep OOTB Debian prefers and recommends users to stay within the repository's for software.
Yes. I don't add PPAs, at least not anymore from some time now ;) I used to though back in the day when first using Linux and Ubuntu based distros but time taught me not to since it can create some undesirable results.

thanks for your info, after i installed it for an hour.. i decided to get linuxmint ubuntu tricia.
i just not that skillful enough to handle these problem. i have tried linux lite os, it does not support usb stick, does not support mouse, does not support audio, does not support build in webcam,. i have tried quite a bit to get the audio working, but to not avail.. hence i gave up immediately. becos i just can't afford to mess around with such a basic linux on my friend's laptop.

so i know now, that debian does not support ppa.. and very limited support.
thx
andrew

Yes. I don't add PPAs, at least not anymore from some time now ;) I used to though back in the day when first using Linux and Ubuntu based distros but time taught me not to since it can create some undesirable results.

Members online

Latest posts