Linux Mint/Can't access windows partition

R

R3turnz

Hi,
i have currently windows and linux installed. I tried to access the windows partition, but it failed with following error message:
Error mounting /dev/sda3 at /media/david/6470436970434152: Command-line `mount -t "ntfs" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=1000,gid=1000,dmask=0077,fmask=0177" "/dev/sda3" "/media/david/6470436970434152"' exited with non-zero exit status 14: The disk contains an unclean file system (0, 0).
Metadata kept in Windows cache, refused to mount.
Failed to mount '/dev/sda3': Operation not permitted
The NTFS partition is in an unsafe state. Please resume and shutdown
Windows fully (no hibernation or fast restarting), or mount the volume
read-only with the 'ro' mount option.​
Whats the problem and how to fix it?

Greetings

If you are on Windows 8/8.1/10 this probably means that Windows is in "Fastboot" mode. The filesystem is kept in a fast startup state and mount knows of this. The best solution is either to reboot windows (not shutdown) or disable "Fastboot" if you need to access the Windows partition from Linux. If you are on a previous version of Windows, make sure the Windows system is not in hibernation, which causes the same issue.

Sorry, for posting after such a long time.
Iam currently getting rid my problems with Linux. Sometimes its complex, but makes a lot fun ;)
So now to the actual theme: (Iam on Windows 10)
I turned "Fastboot" off, and now can mount my "data" partition without problems. On the main partiton(where windows is installed), I am only able to read. Can i solve this probleme, or does windows simply not allow to access his partition?
Background:
fstab:

UUID="F0DA3F19DA3EDB92" /media/win10 ntfs sync,auto,exec,ro 0 2
UUID="D21885AB18858F63" /media/win10Ext ntfs sync,auto,exec,rw 0 2

mount-error:
Windows is hibernated, refused to mount.
Failed to mount '/dev/sda1': Vorgang nicht zulässig
(Remember: With ro this error does not occur!)
Greetings

Sorry, for posting after such a long time.
Iam currently getting rid my problems with Linux. Sometimes its complex, but makes a lot fun ;)
So now to the actual theme: (Iam on Windows 10)
I turned "Fastboot" off, and now can mount my "data" partition without problems. On the main partiton(where windows is installed), I am only able to read. Can i solve this probleme, or does windows simply not allow to access his partition?
Background:
fstab:

UUID="F0DA3F19DA3EDB92" /media/win10 ntfs sync,auto,exec,ro 0 2
UUID="D21885AB18858F63" /media/win10Ext ntfs sync,auto,exec,rw 0 2

mount-error:
Windows is hibernated, refused to mount.
Failed to mount '/dev/sda1': Vorgang nicht zulässig
(Remember: With ro this error does not occur!)
Greetings
Hmm..... Probably should've left Windows 10 on this Laptop and simply Dual-Booted, so I could see what you're talking about..... :\ Anyway, how are you.....? :) Did you solve your issue.....? :) If not, did you actually go into Windows, and Shut Down manually.....? :)

Members online