Linux Mint 8 XFCE

S

Smokey

I installed Linux Mint 8 XFCE onto my netbook. I haven't tested the audio and stuff yet but so far so good I guess. I'll look into it more but is that the latest XFCE version for Mint? Would running this be better then say the 32-bit version of Mint 12 "Lisa"?

I believe that the newest Mint XFCE release just came out a week ago. It appears there have been some major performance boosts along with other changes. I think this release is going to be a lot better on your system compared to Mint 12 as it is very light on your system. I don't know what your Netbook specs are, but I am sure XFCE is going to be great on it. I am going to post a link to the official Linux Mint blog that gives all of the information regarding the release along with all of the available download links. Hope it helps you make a decision!

http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1725

Thanks for that. However, that was posted a year ago, not a week ago. :p

I'll download that and slap that on since I haven't really done naything with Mint 8 yet.

haha, I feel so silly now. Ugh I guess that proves just how much of my brain I used the past week or two during finals - there is not much left. WOW!:confused:

I do hope that it works well for you, though. I have not had the pleasure of using Mint XFCE, but I am a huge fan of the XFCE desktop environment, in general. It is recommended for lower spec machines, but I have found that it works wonders on a machine with slightly higher specs as well. Good luck and post an update!

I tried 3 different versions of Mint and no dice on any of them. I slapped Xubuntu onto it and everything runs great. It's pretty fast too.

yeah i have also used Mint XFCE desktop environment and its works good . My all friends also used this and they liked it.

Yeah it didn't play nice with my netbook's sound card so I had to settle for Xubuntu. Not a big deal though I like it a lot. :D

Members online