linux Mint 20 Ulyana

Carosone

Reaction score
Credits
with new update, there are some problem! VLC everyday working, now start ONETIME, after stop. VideoDownloader also don't work.....
Before last update, was all OK. By the way, i go on like this trick: for VLC on the fist start, i don't close the windows and the next video,
i fix and tray in the VLC;Work. For VideoDownloader, i copy the URL video, Open CLI (Command) and type "youtube-dl URL"; work...
I have many laptop with Windows7 and Linux mint 20 (64b) and there this problem, other laptop 32b linux mint 19.3 it's all OK...
ther is a solution for come-back?

Is VLC the only package not working properly?

If that is so, go to Terminal and type in and enter the following commands in order - you will need your password on the first command.

Code:
sudo apt-get purge vlc
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y install vlc

Then reboot the computer and see if VLC works OK.

If so, set up Timeshift and take a screenshot.

Chris Turner
wizardfromoz

VideoDownloader has nothing to do with Mint, you can try this...https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

When a new version of Mint comes out ie Mint 20, not everything works and is usually fixed in 20.1. The same thing happened when Mint 19 came out. :)

On my main SSD I have Mint Cinnamon 19.1 which is supported till 2023 and everything works fine, so there's no need to move to Mint 20. I also have Cinnamon 19.3 on another HDD and again everything works.

On a spare SSD I have Mint Cinnamon 20 installed for testing, some software wont work and the colours don't look good either but VLC works for me.

If I were you I'd stay with 19.3 and wait till Mint 20.1 comes out and install it on a spare Drive, don't upgrade because you can't go back if problems occur. A good idea is to create an Image of your 19.3 SSD or HDD to be on the safe side, hope this helps.

Latest posts