Linux Mint 12 is a cool version for desk top!

M

Maye

Linux Mint 12 is the mix of new and old version.Linux Mint 12 has new features with Gnome 3 and MGSE,so that u can use both version in same system. Are u using it for your desktop?

It features two nice themes called Mint-Z and Mint-Z-Dark.

I have tested on the Linux version 11 containing 2 gnome and I can confirm that Linux mint offers a great desktop experience full of options that make life comfortable. Linux mint (about 12) had a good approach, because of certain decisions to hire new desktop bad environments, in the name of innovation and progress. I found myself uncomfortable, but it is my personal opinion, I believe that version 11 the best.

I am a huge Mint fan though I have struggled running it on the desktop that I am on at the moment. I have various screen glitches, such as weird lines appearing on the screen at times, things of that nature. Other than that, I highly recommend this to people when I feel it will fit their needs. I love the functionality that it offers while still maintaining a sleek look, when using something besides Gnome 3 that I am not a huge fan of. I am super excited about the release of Linux Mint 13 and I hope that I can put it back as the main distribution on one of my computers soon.

I have to say I have a real soft spot for Mint Linux! I really love the look and feel of it, and it is my main desktop distro!

Mint is awesome, I have been using it for some time now, other than a recent issue that I facepalmed about with videocards I really love MINTY GOODNESS - Fresh!

Linux Mint is really a good distro. If you're starting to hate how Ubuntu's unity is, you must try out Linux Mint, it has lots of new themes, and ofcourse lots of applications, this it's an application power house.

I think you should go for it.

Can you provide some screenshots?

Linux Mint 12 is the mix of new and old version.Linux Mint 12 has new features with Gnome 3 and MGSE,so that u can use both version in same system. Are u using it for your desktop?

It features two nice themes called Mint-Z and Mint-Z-Dark.

Linux Mint 12 is really a good update by the Linux developer team. Although Linux Mint 12 is based on Ubuntu 11.10, it is mot using Unity as the default desktop in Mint and it has become popular among the user who don’t like Unity. Gnome is the default desktop in it.

I have tried Mint. It's good but I don't like the way the Mint developers try to dictate what search engine is best for me. Then I installed Debian and found that I could pick my choice of desktop environments. So bye bye Mint.

Members online